In September of 1955, MG introduced its 'A' (MGA) and it marked a radical departure from its predecessors. By the spring of 1958, the Twin-Cam arrived, which included Dunlop four-wheel disc brakes and disc-type knock-off wheels. This new version had nearly 40 horsepower more than the standard 1500cc MGA, and had a top speed that exceeded 110 mph. In total, there were around 2,100 examples of the Twin-Cam coupe and roadster produced through early 1960.
This example, chassis number YD3/1841, is an original US-delivery car with a known history dating to 1967 in Oregon. The car has been completely restored and finished in its factory-original Mineral Blue color with grey leather Competition Deluxe leather seats.
In 2011, this vehicle was offered for sale at the Amelia Island auction presented by RM Auctions. The car was estimated to sell for $60,000 - $75,000 and offered without reserve. As bidding came to a close, the car had been sold for the sum of $77,000 including buyer's premium.Also photographed at :