This beautifully restored Type 57C is a 3rd series car and is number 19 of 27 cars built between October 1938 – July 1939. Of the 27 cars built during that period, only 11 cars were supercharged. Bugatti offered clients the choice of four factory-designed styles: the Galibier four-door saloon; the two-door Ventoux coupé; the Stelvio cabriolet; and the Atalante Coupe. This particular car was ordered by Garage de Seze (the location of the Bugatti Agency Monestier et Cie in Lyon) invoiced on march 12, 1939 and delivered on May 4, 1939 to Benoit Levet Arnaud who resided at 61 Cours Tolstoi in Lyon, France. It was returned to the factory to be fitted with a 3.3-liter supercharged engine a year after purchase. During the war it was moved to the Somme area for safekeeping an came back to Lyon postwar, circa 1952. Having spent most of its life in Europe, the car found its way to the United States in the late 1980s or early 1990s where it was restored by Hill & Vaughn. It was finished in a stately combination of red and black lacquer.
In 2009, the car was offered for sale at the Gooding & Company auction held at Pebble Beach, CA. It was expected to sell for $275,000 - $350,000. It would leave the auction unsold. The current owners acquired the car in 2009. Since acquiring the car, the car has been given a total restoration by the Scottsdale Automotive Museum, where it currently resides.Also photographed at :