Mercedes-Benz re-entered the luxury market in 1951 with the beautifully crafted 300 series, which retained the elegance of the prewar 5000K and 540K models. The 300S model was unveiled at the Frankfurt Auto Show as the most expensive German automobile of its time. The S designates a shortened wheelbase and upgraded 6-cylinder 150 horsepower engine with twin carburetors. Offered as both a coupe and cabriolet, the 300 series was built until 1962.
The Mercedes-Benz 300 was designed primarily for export in a variety of body styles and was introduced at the 1952 Paris Auto Salon. The 'S' in the 300S name represented 'Super' - it combined classic styling with advanced engineering. It was offered as a convertible cabriolet or sedan. The 300S Roadster had a fully disappearing top and brought the sleek and sporty persona to an even higher level. Power was from a M188 single over head cam 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine equipped with 3 Solex carburetors and offering 150 horsepower. There was an independent suspension at all four corners and an X-frame chassis made of oval tubes. The interior featured leather trim and lavish wood accents. The Sindelfingen factory built 120 of these bodies from 1952 to 1954.
Approximately 100,300 S Roadsters were built from 1952-1955 This model is the sequel to the Pre-war 540K.
Power comes from the 3 Litre engine with 3 carbs and high compression @ 1:78, HP is 150, Top speed is 109mph.
This car was custom ordered with dual wood, color keyed piping and full factory luggage including very rare interior set, all color keyed. The color combination was used by Liska in Pretige Catalog.
About 150 examples of the 300S Roadster were built during its production run from 1952 through 1954. The car is equipped with a three-liter six-cylinder engine and a four-speed fully synchromesh transmission, and has a top speed of 108 mph. Optional equipment includes a Becker 'Nurburg' six-band radio, the original Baisch fitted trunk luggage set, and the extremely rare original Baisch fitted interior luggage set. This car was originally purchased in Germany by a US Army Captain, who drove it while he was in Europe, and then brought it back to the United States with him when he returned several years later. Eventually, he brought the car to Pennsylvania, where, in 1965, he traded it to a local Mercedes dealer. The car spent the next 40 years in Swathmore, PA. it was purchased by the current owner in 2005, and has undergone a complete restoration to its original condition and color.Also photographed at :