The 8C 2300 was built between 1931 and 1933. One of 188 Alfa 8C 2300s, only 10 were the Monza version. It is powered by a water-cooled, double-overhead-cam, bi-block, 2446cc (2.56 liter) straight-eight engine. Basically, it was two-four cylinder engines set back-to-back, and had a top speed of 140 mph.
It was first driven by Algerian driver Guy Moll in 1933 grand prix races. In 1934, ownership passed to Swiss driver Hans Reusch, who raced it with Ulrich Mang in the 1934 Mille Miglia (DNF) and twice at Nurburgring. Following Maag's tragic death, Ruesch raced in the 1935 Mille Miglia with co-driver Guatta, and finished fourth.
In the late 1940s, the car was crashed heavily and broken up. In the 1950s, the 8C engine, gearbox and back axle were purchased by Lord Ridley and fitted to an Alfa 6C 1750. Years later, this complete driveline was purchased at auction, still on the 1750 chassis. After extensive research, the original chassis was found, still in Switzerland, where it had been used as a hay cart. D.L. George Coachworks, in a full-scale restoration, reunited the original driveline and chassis.