The 250 GT Europa was introduced alongside the 375 America at the 1953 Paris Auto Salon. The 250 GT Europa was the first road-going Ferrari to be identified by the 250 series nomenclature. Under its bonnet was the Gioacchino Colombo designed V-12 engine displacing 3-liters. This was also Ferrari's first grand touring car. The 250 Series, wearing their Pininfarina designed styling, was a well proportioned, classic, high-performance grand touring car that combined power, speed, and agility, with elegance and comfort for two occupants, including their luggage.
The 250 GT/L Berlinetta was the final iteration of the 250 GT series. A prototype of the new 250 GT Lusso Berlinetta, was first shown at the Paris Motor Show in October of 1962. The 'Lusso' cars that followed, were given a new rear suspension features that were from the legendary GTO. The list includes a tubular shock absorbers with concentric helper springs, and a Watts linkage setup.
This 250 GT/L is finished in Rosso Corsa and was given a restoration from the ground up between 1999 and 2000. When the work was finished, it was shown at the Monterey Concorso Italian in 2000, where it was the event's featured car. The car was awarded both Platinum and Best of Show awards. It was shown at the 2001 edition of the Cavallino Classic, and in 2002, it received a Platinum Award at the Ferrari Club of America meeting in Century City.
The car rides on Borrani 'knock off' wire wheels. The interior is trimmed in tan hides with darker brown carpeting. The engine is a 250 horsepower unit with three Weber twin-choke carburetors. There is a four-speed manual gearbox and four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes.
In 2009, chassis number 250GTL5475 was offered for sale at the Automobiles of Arizona presented by RM Auctions. The lot was estimated to sell for $600,000 - $700,000. It was sold for the sum of $550,000, including buyer's premium.