In 1932 Alfa introduced the first of the Tipo B P3 series of Grand Prix cars. The car was designed by Vittoria Jano and had an aluminum alloy body.
In 1933 Alfa Romeo turned the cars over to Scuderia Ferrari to race.
In 1934 seven P3's were made. Six of those cars were also used for the 1935 season. In 1935 4 of the 6 cars were highly modified. This car was one of the 4 that received extensive modifications by the Scuderia including the replacement of the rigid front axel with a Dubonnet independent system, fitting hydraulic brakes, adding 1/4 cantilevered rear springs and telescopic shock absorbers. Also over the course of the 1932 to 1934 seasons the P3 went from a 2,653cc 190 bhp engine to a 3.2 liter 285 bhp engine. These modifications were part of Alfa's attempt to keep pace with rapidly improving German cars while they worked on a new car.Also photographed at :