This car appeared on the Rolls-Royce & Bentley stand at the 1950 Geneva Auto Show. This three-position drophead coupe is one of maybe two that has coachwork designed by Worblaufen of Geneva, Switzerland, mounted on a Bentley Mark VI chassis for the 1950 show. Fritz Ramseier was the designer. It traveled through France in the years immediately after the show. In the early 1960s it was acquired by a California owner and then to Jean Pierre who sold it to the current owners in 1978.
The Mark VI chassis consists of X-braced channel steel, front independent suspension by coil springs and wishbones, rear suspension by semi-elliptic leaf spring and 4-wheel drum brakes. The car is powered by a water-cooled F-head, 6-cylinder engine with overhead intake valves and side exhaust valves, 4,257 cc, developing 130 horsepower and coupled to a 4-speed manual transmission. It has a top speed of 100 miles per hour. The present owner purchased the car in the mid-1970s and recently had it re-restored.Also photographed at :