The Mitchell Motor Car Company of Racine, Wisconsin, built motorcycles in 1902, and then built cars from 1903 to 1923. Its founder, Henry Mitchell, was among the earliest American automakers, having previously built wagons in Chicago for decades. By the 1870s, his company was one of the largest wagon makers in America. By 1910, the Model S had a six-cylinder, 50 horsepower engine with a three-speed gearbox, making it the largest Mitchell car available. Incorporating twin spark plugs per cylinder and a magneto and a distributor, it had an advanced design for its time.
The Mitchell Model S rode on a 130-inch wheelbase and was powered by an F-head six-cylinder engine offering 50 horsepower.
It was built in Racine, Wisconsin and sold for $2,200.Also photographed at :