The Porsche 910 Began in 1966 as a Hillclimb race car, but quickly developed into a highly successful endurance racer. These Circuit Racing 910's swept the 1967 Targa Florio, Nurburgring and Circuit Mugello and only lost the World Sports Car Championship for 1967 to Ferrari by a few points. The 910 also won the 1966 and 1967 European Hillclimb Championship.
There were only 28 Circuit 910's built - 19 of which actually raced for the Porsche factory. The 910 utilizes a tubular frame, beryllium brake discs, titanium hubs, etc and weighs only 1298 lbs. The 910 used both a 2-liter Type 901/21 injected 220 horsepower flat six and a 2.2-liter Type 771/0 injected flat eight with 270 horsepower.
Porsche 910-025 is an ex-works circuit race car, and ran the 1967 Targa Florio as well as the Circuit of Mugello, Italy where it placed First. From 1968, this car ran as a private entry around Europe under Ben Hur Racing, Germany. August 1998, 910-025 was brought into the country to run the Monterey Historics - where Porsche was the featured Marque. After a full, factory spec restoration by Hall & Hall, England in 2001, 910-025 competed in FIA Group 4 Championships in Europe - racing at the Nurburgring, Six Hours De Span and the 24 Hours LeMans Classic in 2002.Also photographed at :