The Aston Martin DB2 was introduced in May of 1950. The DB Mark III (the '2/4' designation was eventually dropped) was introduced in March of 1957 and produced through July of 1959 in both drophead coup and fixed form.
The DB Mark III had disc brakes in the front and supplemented Alfin drums in the rear (this upgrade was optional on the first 100 Mark IIIs). The six-cylinder engine was thoroughly revised by engineer Tadek Marek and the styling and body fittings were also updated.
This DB2/4 Mark III is finished in its original livery of Peony Red with a beige Connolly leather interior. It has a six-cylinder engine delivering 162 horsepower and there is a four-speed manual transmission. At all four corners were drum brakes.
Production of this DB2/4 was completed on December 6th of 1957 and was then shipped to authorized sales agent, Peter Satori of Pasadena, California where it was sold to Mr. Rhodes. It remained in Southern California and changed hands a few times, known through 1968. The ownership history fades for several years, picked up again with its most recent, long-time care taker, Mr. Leonhardt of Los Angeles who acquired it in 1976. Between 1976 and 2011, the car was driven less than 10,000 miles.
In the summer of 2011, the car was sold to its next owner. In 2012, the car was offered for sale at the RM Auction in Scottsdale, Arizona. It was estimated to sell for $195,000-$235,000. Bidding reached $150,000 but was not enough to satisfy the vehicle's reserve. It would leave the auction unsold.