The Aston Martin DB4 was produced between 1958 and 1963 and underwent a variety of subtle changes during that time. This example, chassis number DB4/458/L, is a Series II car, of which only 351 examples were built.
The DB4 has a modern tube-frame chassis, four-wheel disc brakes, and a 3.7-liter straight-six engine. This example wears Superleggera coachwork by Touring of Milan. It was originally completed in the summer of 1960 and finished in Desert White over a black Connolly leather interior. It was specified for export and constructed with a left-hand drive configuration, a 3:54:1 rear-axle ratio, Smiths instruments, KLG spark plugs and fully chromed road wheels with Avon Turbospeed tires.
The car was delivered through Mirabeau to Andre Fontaine, who resided in the Place de la République in Paris. The car remained in M. Fontaine's care for two decades then was exported to the United States and to its second recorded owner, Roland Pallas of San Rafael, California. It is believed that while in Mr. Pallas care, the car was refinished in its current shade of silver.
The current owner purchased the car in 1988. The following year, the car was driven from the Los Angeles area to Laguna Seca and back for the Aston Martin tribute at the annual Monterey Historic Automobile Races.
After that, the car was put into static state for two decades. The car has had only three owners since new, has 92,905 km, and retains its original leather upholstery and matching-numbers engine.
In 2012, the car was offered for sale by Gooding & Company at their Scottsdale, Az. auction. The car was estimated to sell for $300,000 - $400,000. The car found new ownership for the sum of $330,000, inclusive of buyer's premium.