After the success of the Ferrari 340 America and its Mille Miglia victory, the more powerful Ferrari 375 MM was launched at the Paris Auto Salon in 1953. These large displacement race cars were built to contest the World Sports Car Championship and competed with the best that Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Cunningham, and Jaguar had to offer. the 375 MM is powered by a 4.5-liter Lampredi-designed V-12 engine with either three twin choke Weber 40 DCZ or DCF downdraughts, resulting in 300 horsepower.
This car, chassis number 0382AM, was first owned by Bill Spear, who drove in many U.S. sports car races in 1953 and 1954, winning at the Thompson Raceway and at Watkins Glen. After he sold it in 1955, the car was raced until the 1960s. It has never been restored.Also photographed at :