In October of 1930, Cadillac introduced its 370 series powered by a 368 cubic-inch V12 engine that offered 135 horsepower. The roadster bodystyle rested on a 140-inch wheelbase and had many similarities to the V16 cars built by Fisher and all interiors built by Fleetwood. The hood was five inches longer than the V8 and four inches shorter than the V16. The headlights were one inch smaller in diameter than the V16 and the dual rear lights were ball shaped like the V8. A roadster was chosen to pace the Indy 500 that year and total production reached 5,733 units.
In 1931, Cadillac produced only two V12 roadster with rear mounted spare tires. This example is believed to be the only one left in existence.