The Morris Minor, of Crowley, England, was launched at the Earls Court Motor Show on September 20, 1948. Named after an earlier Morris Minor car of 1928, it was the work of a team lead by Alec Issigonis, who later designed the Austin-Mini. The Estate version was introduced in 1954 and is known as the Traveller (a Morris naming tradition for 'wagons') along with a van and a pickup version. The Traveler features a structural ash rear body framework fitted by the MG factory at Abingdon; and side-hinged rear doors. The wood framework was varnished in the tradition of the period. The Morris Minor was also offered in a saloon (4-door sedan) and a 4-passenger convertible body style.