Production of the E-Type began with the Series 1 beginning in 1961 featuring the 3.8 liter six-cylinder engine from the XK-150. All E-Types were given an independent coil spring rear suspension with torsion bar front ends, and four-wheel, power assisted disc brakes. Notably, Jaguar was one of the first vehicle manufacturers to equip cars with disc brakes as standard equipment dating back to the XK-150 in 1958.
The competition continued to grow, with the lightweight Shelby Cobra and the big block Corvettes. Jaguar addressed the need for more power by adding another 6 cylinders, introducing the 5.3 liter 60-degree V12 E-Type in 1971, also known as the Series III.
This model was the National Champion in SCCA B Production from 1974 to 1976. This particular car was rescued from the ashes; it has had the engine enlarged to 5.7 liters (347 cubic-inches) and competes regularly in Midwestern vintage races.Also photographed at :