This 1952 Ferrari 212 Barchetta is the last of 7 vehicles produced.
The car is powered by a water-cooled, single-overhead-cam, 2.56 liter, V-12 engine developing 150 hp. The 2,530 pound vehicle is fitted with a 5-speed manual transmission and has a top speed of 118 mph. The chassis consists of tubular-steel, with front independent suspension by transverse leaf and wish-bones; independent rear suspension by live rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs. Four-wheel drum brakes are employed to stop the vehicle.
The car has an extensive race history. Driven by its first owner, Bordonaro, the 212 Export with chassis 0158ED fished 10th at the 1952 Targa Florio race. During that same year it was entered in the Grand Prix di Pergusa where it finished first. In 1953 it was entered in the Tour de France where it failed to finish. Another trip to Targa Florio resulted in a 16th place finish. It continued to be raced extensively during the 1953 season, capturing first place victories at Coppa Nissena, Palermo Monte Pellegrino, and Coppa dei Templi. In 1956 it was entered in the Mille Miglia, driven by Margairaz and Gremaud, it failed to finish.