Top Auction Sales
Monthly Sales and Production
1953 Maserati A6GCS/53
Chassis Num: 2040
Engine Num: 2040
History of 1953 Maserati A6GCS MM Chassis #2040 Engine #2040
- The very first A6GCS - assembled April, 1953
- Extensively featured in Maserati Sports, Racing and GT Cars from 1926 by Crump & Box
- Factory Team Car for Emilio Giletti
- Raced in Mille Miglia April 25-26, 1953. Giletti/Bertocchi - 1st class, 6th overall.
- Raced in Targa Florio May 14, 1953. Giletti - 1st Class, 2nd overall.
- Raced in Circuit of Casarta June 27, 1953. Giletti - 3rd overall.
- Raced in Circuit of Pescara August 15, 1953. Giletti - 1st class. 2nd overall.
- Raced in Nurburgring August 30th, 1953. Giletti/Marimo retired 100 yards from finish while running 2nd overall.
- Raced in Supercortemaggiore GP September 6, 1953. Giletti - 8th overall.
- Raced in Sicilian Gold Cup October 18, 1953. Giletti - 4th overall.
- Raced in Coppa Della Toscana. Giletti - 1st overall.
- Raced in Giro Dell'Umbria. Giletti - 1st overall.
- Raced in Giro Delle Calabria. Giletti - 1st overall.
- Raced in Buenos Aires 1000 KM January 24, 1954. Giletti/Musso - 1st class, 6th overall.
- Raced in Belgian Series May 8, 1954. Musy - 1st overall.
- Acquired by Lawrence Auriana in August, 1996.
- Restored by Epifani Restorations, Berkeley, CA.
- 3rd in Class - Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, August, 1997.
Auction Sales Information
Le Belle Macchine d'Italia