1938 Talbot-Lago T150C
|Model History||Auction sales research||Specifications||Body styles and Chassis Data|
Engine/Mechanical Component Photos
The car is powered by a Talbot-Lago four-liter six-cylinder engine with a Hemi type head and three-carburetors. It also has a Wilson pre-select transmission.
This Figoni-bodied Talbot Lago is one of the most striking designs of the coachbuilding era. Its signature features include the sweeping pontoon fenders, low windscreen and intimate seating for two. The car appears in motion while standing still. It has recently undergone a full restoration and debuted at Pebble Beach in 2006 where it won the French Cup.
Darracq was the name for the export Talbot-Lago. This car was sold by DaRocah, the Talbot-Lago concessionaire in Portugal. It was specially ordered with a body by Figoni et Falaschi that is very similar to the 1936 Paris Auto Salon Delahaye. The original owners were the Count and Countess deCollivia of Oporto, Portugal. This car is the only enclosed fender Talbot-Lago roadster built. It is constructed upon the standard T-150-C long wheelbase chassis with the four-liter hemispheric-head inline six-cylinder engine and four-speed Wilson preselector transmission. The car won the first Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance in unrestored condition, and has since undergone a meticulously complete restoration.
|Auction Sales Information|