1948 Tucker 48
|Model History||Auction sales research||Specifications||Body styles and Chassis Data|
Like many Tuckers, this one has its own interesting history. It was won in VFW raffle by Rudy Schroeder in September of 1949 - but he sold it when he couldn't get the car insured! Recently, Mr. Schroeder was reunited with his former Tucker.
Power in the Tucker automobile was supplied by a horizontally opposed six-cylinder motor that produces 166 horsepower. This car's original engine was replaced by the car's second owner with a factory crate engine.
This car was owned by the Imperial Palace Collection from 1981 to 1999 when it was acquired by the current owners. The car was restored by the Imperial Palace Collection.
|Auction Sales Information|
|Glenmoor Gathering of Significant Automobiles||Tucker|