1954 Maserati A6 GCS
|Model History||Auction sales research||Specifications||Body styles and Chassis Data|
This Maserati A6GCS is chassis number 2061 and originally raced in Europe by Cesar Perdisa. It was created in June of 1954 and featured left-hand drive configuration. It was given a Fantuzzi body in 1957 featuring a longer nose, headlight covers, and a headrest, similar to a 200 SI. It was purchased by Jack Reuter in 1968. The car was purchased in New York and upon taking possession, he drove it home to St. Louis. Under his care, the original engine was reunited with the car. The car was remain in his possession for the next 21 years.
It was purchased by its current owner in the late 80s or early 90s. In 1992 it competed in the Mille Miglia. In 2000 it was brought to the Monterey Historic Races. It returned to the Mille Miglia in 2001. In more recent times, it has been campaigned in the Shell Ferrari Historic Races.
By Daniel Vaughan | Jan 2008
|Auction Sales Information|
|Shell Ferrari Historic Challenge at Moroso||Drum Brake Vehicles|