1950 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith
|Model History||Auction sales research||Specifications||Body styles and Chassis Data|
Engine/Mechanical Component Photos
The first model produced by Rolls-Royce after WWII was named the Silver Wraith and was constructed in the plant located in Crew, Cheshire, England. It shared the original Wraith's engine block and gearbox, although it now had an 'F' head. The front wheel brakes were hydraulic while those on the rear maintained the traditional mechanical servo assistance.
All Rolls-Royce motorcars of this era were coachbuilt. Silver Wraith chassis were supplied to many coachbuilders including Freestone & Webb, Hooper, H.J. Mulliner, Park Ward and James Young. The Silver Wraith, bodied by Mulliner, was produced until 1959, and some considered it to be the last of the great custom coachbuilt automobiles.
Over 5,000 hours have gone into the restoration of this example, which is one of the most stylish of all the cars built.
|Auction Sales Information|