1956 Lancia Aurelia B24
|Model History||Auction sales research||Specifications||Body styles and Chassis Data|
Lancia introduced a sporting Pinin Farina-designed Spider in 1954, intended for the American market. The Spider was replaced after a brief production run with a more developed Convertible.
Between 1956 and 1958, Lancia built just 521 B24 Convertibles of which approximately 160 were constructed on the Fifth Series platform.
This B24S-1205 was sold new in southern California. In 1960, it blew a head gasket at 38,000 miles. It was stored until 2005 when an effort was made to restore the car, but this was soon abandoned. It was purchased by the current owners in 2008 and restored, with Steve Beckman's shop doing the body and paint. Tony Nicosia did the mechanical work, and the owners carried out the remaining work in the second assembly.
The car was finished in metallic silver-gray and the interior was reupholstered in red leather. Inside, the car was equipped with Jaeger instruments, correct Carello lamps, Michelin X radial tires and period Nardi twin-carburetor conversion kit. It has its original tool kit and jack, as well as a correct owner's manual and top instructions.
In 2012, this car was offered for sale at the Gooding & Company auction held in Scottsdale, Arizona. It had a pre-auction estimated value of $350,000 - $450,000. As bidding came to a close, the car had been sold for the sum of $561,000 inclusive of buyer's premium.
|Auction Sales Information|
|Auction||Gooding and Company - The Scottsdale Auction|
|Gooding and Company - The Scottsdale Auction||1951-1960|
|Carmel-By-The-Sea Concours on the Avenue||Named|
|The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering||Post-War Sports Cars|