1958 Toyota Toyopet Crown
|Model History||Auction sales research||Specifications||Body styles and Chassis Data|
- The Toyopet Crown was the first passenger car sold by Toyota in the US
- It was the first Japanese automobile to be exported to the American mainland.
- The First Toyopet vehicle was registered in the U.S. after modifications were made to the head lights, tail lights, turn signals, and mirrors to comply with California law.
- 1958 Toyopet Crown sales totaled 287.
- The early Toyopets were underpowered for high-speed freeway travel
- Due to deficiencies of the Toyopet Crown for the American market, Toyota set about developing a car more suitable for the U.S. market, which resulted in the production ofhte highly successful 1965 Corona.
|Auction Sales Information|
|31st Annual Ault Park Concours d'Elegance||Collector Asian, All Years|