1938 Lincoln Model K
|Model History||Auction sales research||Specifications||Body styles and Chassis Data|
Engine/Mechanical Component Photos
From 1933, Brunn built Convertible Victorias with blind rear quarters on the Lincoln chassis. This style had been a staple of Waterhouse, the Webster, Massachusetts coachbuilder, but when Waterhouse foundered in 1932, Edsel Ford worked aggressively to keep the body style alive. The result was the acquisition of Waterhouse design rights by Brunn and the continuation of the style through 1937.
This Convertible Victoria was built by Brunn in late 1937. It was ordered by Walter E. Weiss of the Pittsburgh-based Sterling Drug chain. It was to rest on the 145-inch chassis and featured a vee windshield and retractable rear quarter glass. For 1937, there was no other automaker - except Hudson - who offered convertible coupes with rear quarter windows.
Lincoln built just eight convertible Victoria's built. It is painted Washington Blue and upholstered in dark saddle leather and has a tan Haartz canvas top. It was built without side-mounts, with the spare being kept in the enclosed trunk. Current mileage stands at about 54,000.
In 2011, this vehicle was offered for sale at the Hershey Auction presented by RM Auctions. It was estimated to sell for $160,000 - $200,000. As bidding came to a close, the vehicle had been sold for the sum of $203,500 including buyer's premium.
By Daniel Vaughan | Dec 2011
|Auction Sales Information|
|Auction||RM Auctions - Hershey|
|Auction||RM Auctions - Amelia Island|
|RM Auctions - Amelia Island||1931-1939|
|17th Annual Amelia Island concours d'Elegance||American Classic Open (1938-1948)|
|RM Auctions - Hershey||1933-1949|