1947 Cisitalia D46
|Model History||Auction sales research||Specifications||Body styles and Chassis Data|
Engine/Mechanical Component Photos
This is car number 20 and is 1 of 2 with distinctive side fuel tanks.
The cars original owner was Zora Arkus Duntov, who purchased the car after being raced by the factory.
The current owner acquired the car in 1985, he purchased it out of Australia, where it had been since 1950.
In has numerous awards at Amelia and Meadowbrook.
The initial product of Piero Dusio's Cisitalia Company was a single seat formula type racer using Fiat 1100 mechanicals. It featured a tubular frame, with transverse leaf independent front suspension. Further attempts led to the development of a road going coupe and Formula One cars. In 1949, the company relocated to Argentina.
Approximately thirty D-46 race cars were built between 1946 and 1947. This was number 20, and is one of two with the distinctive side fuel tanks. The car was owned and raced by Zora Arkus Duntov, the father of the Corvette.
The car was shipped to Australia in 1950. It was acquired by the present owner in 1985 and restored to its present condition over a five-year period.
|Auction Sales Information|
|Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance||Race Cars (1946 - 1960)||Corporate Awards : The Daytona Speedway/Bluebird Award - For the Most Beautiful Race Car|
|Hilton Head Island Concours d'Elegance||Italian Sports Cars|
|Palm Beach International Concours d'Elegance||Palm Beach International|