1950 Ferrari 166MM
|Model History||Auction sales research||Specifications||Body styles and Chassis Data|
The vehicles next owner, Edmund Lunken, continued the cars racing resume. Lunken drove the car and at times, during endurance competition, enlisted the help of a backup driver. Herbert Swan became the vehicles next owner in 1958. In 1959 he had the engine replace and an Offenhauser unit placed in the engine bay. The car continued to be raced during the late 1950s. The car placed through the ownership of a few owners before coming into the care of Eleanore Haga in 1969. Haga kept the car for over twenty years. In 1991 the car was shown at the Pebble Beach Concours where it was awarded a Second in Class.
The car was sold to Ed Davies in 1994. Davies has shown the car extensively before selling to Lawrence Auriana. It has made appearances at the Cavallino Classic, Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance, Pebble Beach, and the Ferrari Club of America National Concours under the care of Davies.
Auriana has shown the car at the New York Concours in 2005 and the Cavallino Classic in 2007.
By Daniel Vaughan | Feb 2007
|Auction Sales Information|
|Auction||Vintage Motor Cars at Amelia Island|
|Cavallino Classic Concorso d'Eleganza||Upper Concours||Class Awards : Class 16 – 166MM Touring Barchetta - Silver|