1949 Bentley Mark VI
|Model History||Auction sales research||Specifications||Body styles and Chassis Data|
The Mark VI was the fist Bentley with standard factory-designed bodywork built by the Pressed Steel Company of Oxford with ex-Gurney Nutting Chief Designer John Blatchley applying the detailing. Custom coachwork remained as an option.
In total, there were 4,949 Mark VIs produced through 1952.
This example is a left-hand drive and was first ordered through Jack Barclay, Ltd. and shipped to the United States via the SS Queen Mary about January 20, 1952. The original owner was Sir Duncan Orr-Lewis, a British nobleman, who used the Hotel Plaza New York City as the registered address at the time. The odometer currently reads 52,541 kilometers, is finished in blue with black fenders and red pin-striping.
In 2009, this car was offered for sale at the Vintage Motor Cars of Hershey presented by RM Auctions where it was estimated to sell for $30,000 - $50,000 and offered without reserve. The lot was sold for the sum of $66,000, including buyer's premium.
By Daniel Vaughan | Oct 2009
|Auction Sales Information|
|Auction||Vintage Motor Cars of Hershey by RM Auctions|
|Vintage Motor Cars of Hershey by RM Auctions||1946-1954|