The Peugeot 504 was produced from 1968 through 1983 in Europe. It is still being produced in various other parts of the world. At the 1968 Paris Auto Salon, the Peugeot 504 made its first public appearance. It was a four-door saloon with a four-cylinder engine capable of producing 82 horsepower in carbureted form, and nearly 100 with the help of a fuel-injection system. A four-speed manual gearbox was standard, and an automatic was offered as optional equipment.
The car had modern styling and elegant appeal. It was awarded the European Car of the Year Award due to its versatility, value, and aesthetics.By Daniel Vaughan | Jul 2007
|Low Mileage Collectables offered at Fort Lauderdale Auction|
|• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Leading recent entries are fantastic low mileage examples including a 2005 Ford GT, a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, a 1954 Chevrolet Corvette and a 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Coupe
• Additional vehicle highlights include a 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona, a 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 and a 1935 Hudson Terraplane driven by Johnny Depp in the movie 'Public Enemies'
• Regarded as South Florida's pre...[Read more...]|
|Holden Celebrates 35 Years of Commodore|
|Holden is celebrating the 35th anniversary of its most iconic nameplate, Commodore.
For over three decades, the Holden Commodore has delivered significant advances in vehicle performance, safety and comfort on the way to becoming Holden's longest-standing and most successful nameplate.
Holden Executive Director, Vehicle Sales, Service and Marketing, Phil Brook, said Holden was extremely proud of Commodore's success.
'There are not many nameplates in Australia that can lay claim to a ric...[Read more...]|
|Auctions America Continues Successful 2013 Season with its Annual Fall Carlisle Sale|
|• Auctions America rounds out its 2013 auction season in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, October 3-4
• Two-day Fall Carlisle sale, held in conjunction with the Carlisle Events Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral, features a diverse roster of 300 classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, and customs
• Auction highlights include a desirable 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Roadster, a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 RS Sport Coupe, and a 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Roadster
• Full event details and a frequentl...[Read more...]|
|Italian Racing Classics Lead Gooding & Company's 10th Anniversary|
|SANTA MONICA, Calif. (June 4, 2013) – Gooding & Company, the official auction house of the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance acclaimed for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, will be hosting the 10th Anniversary sale of the Pebble Beach Auctions on August 17 and 18. This year Gooding & Company offers an early preview of some of the most highly sought after and rapidly amassing value collectible – the distinguished Italian race car. Auction highlights include a...[Read more...]|
|BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GT3 PROJECT POWERS AHEAD|
|• First Bentley racer for a decade almost track ready
• Bentley's 4.0-litre V8 engine powers the new GT3
• Essence of iconic Continental GT taken to the extreme
(Crewe, 12th June 2013) Since the world debut of Bentley's GT3 Concept Racer at the Paris Auto Salon in September 2012, a dedicated team of Bentley engineers has been developing the Continental GT3 in preparation for Bentley's highly anticipated return to the track. Building on a rich racing heritage spanning ninety years, th...[Read more...]|