|HILTON HEAD ISLAND MOTORING FESTIVAL & CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE ANNOUNCES EXPANSION OF 2014 SAVANNAH SPEED CLASSIC|
| ||• Celebrating a decade of vintage racing, the Savannah Speed Classic boasts exciting additions, brings racing back to its roots|
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. – The Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d'Elegance (HHIMF), one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing automotive and motorsports enthusiast event weeks, today announced the expansion of its Savannah Speed Classic, held October 24 – 26. The Savannah Speed Classic presented by Mingledorff's, Inc., brings togeth...[Read more...]
|Following 65 Years in One of America's Original Collections, the 'Austie' Clark 1911 Mercer Type 35R Raceabout Prepares for Auction Debut|
|• RM Auctions secures one of the 'Great Mercers,' the 'Austie' Clark 1911 Mercer Type 35R Raceabout, for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California
• Boasting an outstanding provenance, the Mercer is offered fresh to the market following single-family ownership since 1949
• Additional recent highlights for RM's Monterey sale include a selection of 18 vehicles from the former Bob Pond Collection
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
|RM AUCTIONS CONTINUES STRONG TRACK RECORD IN MICHIGAN AT ANNUAL ST. JOHN'S SALE|
|• RM Auctions generates more than $7.7 million in total sales at its annual St. John's sale in Plymouth, Michigan, with 90 percent of all lots sold
• Top seller: concours quality 1929 Duesenberg Model J Dual-Cowl Phaeton realizes $682,000
• Full results from the sale along with additional information on upcoming RM events is available online at rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (July 29, 2013) – RM Auctions continued its strong track record in Michigan over the weekend, with a highly ...[Read more...]|
|ALL-AMERICAN CAR TO BE CONSERVED BY ALL-AMERICAN RACERS|
|One of the race cars American racing legend Dan Gurney is most closely associated with is the Ford Mark IV that he and A.J. Foyt took to a historic victory at the 1967 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Gurney will get a chance to become even more familiar with the car he helped make famous when his All-American Racers shop in California takes possession of the car's conservation on behalf of Henry Ford Museum, it was announced today.
'I don't think we could have found a better person or better organiza...[Read more...]|
|Countdown Underway to 30th Anniversary Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance Weekend|
| ||• Bloomfield Hills/Birmingham motoring tour kicks off the weekend |
• Automotive Design Forum with representatives from Detroit's Big 3 Automakers provides unique aspect
• RM's Vintage Motor Cars of Meadow Brook auction provides the opportunity to acquire great collector cars
• 30th Anniversary Gala features Motown's 'The Contours'
• From Drag cars to Duesenbergs, Sunday's show field of over 220 cars and motorcycles has something for everyone
In less ...[Read more...]