|NISSAN TO POWER SIR CHRIS HOY IN LE MANS 24 HOURS ASSAULT|
|◾Olympic cycling legend to race in Le Mans 24 Hours 2016
◾Made possible through Nissan's accelerated driver development program
◾2015 LMP3 champion and most successful Olympic cyclist becomes first British Olympic Gold Medalist to race
LONDON – Olympic cycling legend Sir Chris Hoy's motorsport dreams of competing in the world's most famous endurance race will become reality this June when Nissan powers the six-time Gold Medalist at the Le Mans 24 Hour.
The eleven-time world champi...[Read more...]|
|HILTON HEAD ISLAND MOTORING FESTIVAL & CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE ANNOUNCES EXPANSION OF 2014 SAVANNAH SPEED CLASSIC|
| ||• Celebrating a decade of vintage racing, the Savannah Speed Classic boasts exciting additions, brings racing back to its roots|
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. – The Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d'Elegance (HHIMF), one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing automotive and motorsports enthusiast event weeks, today announced the expansion of its Savannah Speed Classic, held October 24 – 26. The Savannah Speed Classic presented by Mingledorff's, Inc., brings togeth...[Read more...]
|Following 65 Years in One of America's Original Collections, the 'Austie' Clark 1911 Mercer Type 35R Raceabout Prepares for Auction Debut|
|• RM Auctions secures one of the 'Great Mercers,' the 'Austie' Clark 1911 Mercer Type 35R Raceabout, for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California
• Boasting an outstanding provenance, the Mercer is offered fresh to the market following single-family ownership since 1949
• Additional recent highlights for RM's Monterey sale include a selection of 18 vehicles from the former Bob Pond Collection
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
|1953 Ferrari 375 MM Spider Heads Incredible Night of Million-Dollar-Plus Sales at RM's Friday Monterey Auction|
|• RM sets the tone for yet another fantastic Monterey auction by posting $51,635,000 in sales during the first night of its two-day sale held during the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance motoring week
• Highlights of the night included the ex-Jim Kimberly 1953 Ferrari 375 MM Spider which sold for $9,075,000 and the 1939 Mercedes-Benz 540K Special Roadster which sold for $7,480,000
• 11 lots realized individual million-dollar-plus results with numerous world records achieved during RM's Friday s...[Read more...]|
|Carl Edwards Drives Historic 1901 Sweepstakes Race Car In Advance Of Henry Ford'S 150Th Birthday Celebration|
|◾ Ford Racing NASCAR superstar Carl Edwards was given the honor of driving the legendary Sweepstakes race car built and raced to victory by Henry Ford in his one and only race in 1901.
◾ Edwards drove the car around the grounds of Greenfield Village at The Henry Ford, under the guidance of Sweepstakes Engineer Glenn Miller and the watchful eye of Henry Ford's great-grandson, Edsel B. Ford II.
Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ru_hC9oGVbo?list=UU87j_-SIjbzUqlY8tuKlZyQ