1911 Ann Arbor Convertible Touring news, pictures, and information
The Ann Arbor 'Convertible Touring', produced by the Huron River Manufacturing Company from 1911-1912, was designed for the one-car farm family or the small merchant.
The two-cylinder car was built on a 100-inch chassis and featured a rear section that could be removed to install a delivery box or platform. The 25 horsepower gasoline engine was capable of 25 miles per hour.
In late 1912 the Star Motor Car Company moved into the Ann Arbor factory and announced it would build only commercial vehicles.
This Ann Arbor is believed 1 of 7 vehicles built between 1911 and 1912 and is the only known survivor. Restoration of this rare Ann Arbor, the only known survivor, took its owner six years.