Image credits: © Bentley.
2007 Bentley Continental GTC news, pictures, and information
With a top speed of 195mph (312km/h), a sophisticated all-wheel drive system, state-of-the-art 12-cylinder engine, advanced air suspension and ultra-stiff body structure, the Continental GTC displays all the poise, exhilarating performance and dynamic handling of the Continental GT. In common wîth its stable mates, the interior of the new Continental GTC provides an unrivalled standard of craftsmanship, utilising natural wood veneers and leather hides of the finest quality, which are on full display when you lower the elegant, electro-hydraulically operated soft-top roof.
'The Continental GTC is the most distinctive new Bentley yet,' explains Bentley Motors' Chairman and Chief Executive, Dr Franz-Josef Paefgen. 'It is very elegant and at the same time effortlessly modern. It will appeal to many different customers: people who are tired of driving sports cars that require too much effort; people who want to move up from more standard convertibles; and people who want to make a statement about what they drive, yet still own a car that they can use every day of the year.'
The Continental GTC becomes the second convertible to grace the current Bentley range. It follows the recently announced return of the evocative Azure name for Bentley's Arnage-derived flagship four-seater convertible.
While the Azure offers the ultimate glamour, sophistication and accommodation for adults in supreme comfort, the 2+2 Continental GTC is designed for customers lòòking to enjoy the phenomenal performance, style and excitement of the Continental GT wîth the additional benefits of classic open-top Bentley motoring.
Source - Bentley
- An all-new 2+2 convertible version of the Continental GT coupé that blends peerless Bentley craftsmanship and design wîth modern technologies to provide unparalleled comfort in an open-top car.
- Últra-stiff body structure benefits vehicle refinement and dynamic performance.
- A stunning cabin that uses exquisite Bentley design and craftsmanship to create a spacious, welcoming interior. A classic mix of leather hides and wood veneers give a contemporary but timeless appearance.
- Únique seven-bow, three-layer, soft fabric roof wîth heated glass rear screen operates electro-hydraulically and provides peerless acoustic damping and exceptional refinement during use.
- Wide variety of exterior and interior roof colours gives the customer more design choice.
- Outstanding performance thanks to a top speed (roof up) of 195mph (312km/h) and a 0-60mph time of 4.8 seconds (0-100km/h in 5.1 seconds).
- With the roof down the top speed is still a remarkable 190mph (306km/h)
- Powered by the awesome Crewe-built, W12 twin-turbocharged 6-litre engine, tuned to provide not just a massive 552bhp (560PS/411kW) but 479lb ft (650Nm) at just 1600rev/min to deliver that legendary Bentley wave of torque from low revs.
- New rear suspension system improves the ride and refinement, and increases roof stowage space without impacting on 235-litre luggage compartment volume, which can carry skis and golf bags or travel bags simultaneously.
- A high-tech, all-wheel-drive system wîth Torsen differential for exceptional stability and grip in any conditions is driven by an advanced six-speed automatic gearbox wîth manual change mode and paddleshift controls.
- Air suspension wîth continuous damping control (four adjustable settings).
- The Continental GTC shares its massive braking system wîth the Continental GT coupé. The 405mm ventilated front brake discs are the largest diameter discs of any series production passenger car on sale today.
- The Bentley Continental GTC will begin its global roll-out from the end of 2006.
|2014 Ford Fiesta Earns Best-In-Class 41 Mpg On The Highway|
|◾2014 Ford Fiesta achieves best-in-class highway fuel economy ◾Ford Fiesta becomes only car in subcompact class to return more than 40 mpg on the highway ◾Ford Fiesta Super Fuel Economy package combines aerodynamics and a patented PowerShift six-speed automatic transmission DEARBORN, Mich., June 12, 2013 – The new 2014 Ford Fiesta has achieved 41 mpg in EPA testing. Fiesta is the only subcompact car to surpass 40 mpg. The fuel economy claim is for Fiesta SE with the Super Fuel Eco...[Read more...]|
|2013 Kia Optima And Sportage Earn Autopacific Vehicle Satisfaction Awards|
|◾17th annual AutoPacific Vehicle Satisfaction Awards identifies most satisfying cars in the market and helps consumers make informed purchase decisions ◾Survey measured responses from more than 52,000 new-vehicle owners IRVINE, Calif., June 10, 2013 – Two of Kia Motors America's (KMA) most popular models were recently named to AutoPacific's annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards (VSA). The 2013 Optima sedan was named most satisfying Mid-Size Car and the sporty 2013 Sportage was heralded ...[Read more...]|
|INTRODUCING THE WORLD-FIRST PRODUCTION VERSION OF THE VOLVO S60 POLESTAR|
|Developed from 17 years of motorsport experience, and sharing DNA with the 508bhp Volvo S60 Polestar Concept Car, the first road car from Polestar to be put into production is here - the Volvo S60 Polestar. 'We have built a car that we, as car enthusiasts, want to drive,' says Christian Dahl, Managing Director of Polestar. 'This is a driver's car, bringing out the very best of the already competent Volvo S60 chassis with our experience and technology from motorsport. 'We received a fantast...[Read more...]|
|GM AND FORD TO JOINTLY DEVELOP ADVANCED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS|
|Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Co. have signed an agreement under which both companies will jointly develop an all-new generation of advanced technology 9- and 10-speed automatic transmissions for cars, crossovers, SUVs and trucks. The new transmissions, to be built in both front- and rear-wheel drive variants, will improve vehicle performance and increase fuel economy. The collaboration enables both automakers to design, develop, engineer, test, validate and deliver these new transmiss...[Read more...]|
|Buyers in abundance for another strong sale at Brooklands|
|Amidst some speculative recent market results, the heat was on Historics, but with Brooklands bathed in sunshine, the classic and sports car auctioneer again delivered another strong sale. In total 60 of 103 vehicles were seen away for a sale ratio of 58% and a final sale figure of £1,159,070. As pre-sale publicity predicted, Bentley's blazed a trail, with the star of the show an R-Type Coupé by Abbott of Farnham, which sold for £100,000. A 1937 4¼ litre Sports Special sold for £47,500, wh...[Read more...]|
|2007 Bentley models|
|Bentley Arnage R|
|Bentley Arnage T|
|Bentley Contental GT|
|Bentley Continental Flying Spur|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2007|
|Acura TL Type-S|
|Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione|
|Aston Martin Vanquish S|
|Aston Martin Vanquish S|
|Aston Martin Vanquish S Ultimate Edition|
|Audi Cross Cabriolet Quattro Concept|
|Other models by Bentley|
|Vehicle Recall Information|
|Related Articles and Event Coverage|
|2007 North American International Auto Show|
|2006 New York City, NY|
4½ Litre LeMans RC Series
R Type and Continental
|S1 and Continental|
S2 and Continental
S3 and Continental
© 1998-2012. All rights reserved. The material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.