|RM Auctions and Sotheby's Stun the Market with Incredible $63 Million 'Art of the Automobile' Sale in New York|
|• RM Auctions and Sotheby's momentous Art of the Automobile auction generates $62,797,500 of sales in two hours of furious bidding
• Records tumble with the historic 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Carrozzeria Scaglietti achieving $14,300,000 while the stunning 1938 Talbot-Lago T150-C SS Teardrop Cabriolet by Figoni et Falaschi sells for $7,150,000
• 93 percent of all lots sold to an international audience of bidders representing 17 countries
• Full results are available online at www.rmauctions.c...[Read more...]|
|Holden Celebrates 35 Years of Commodore|
|Holden is celebrating the 35th anniversary of its most iconic nameplate, Commodore.
For over three decades, the Holden Commodore has delivered significant advances in vehicle performance, safety and comfort on the way to becoming Holden's longest-standing and most successful nameplate.
Holden Executive Director, Vehicle Sales, Service and Marketing, Phil Brook, said Holden was extremely proud of Commodore's success.
'There are not many nameplates in Australia that can lay claim to a ric...[Read more...]|
|2013 LA AUTO SHOW® HOSTS INAUGURAL MPG MOTORING INVITATIONAL PRESENTED BY FORZA MOTORSPORT 5 AND XBOX ONE|
| ||◾Top Collectors and Celebrities to Display More Than 60 Unique Vehicles on November 20
◾More than 60 historic and unique vehicles to be displayed at Gilbert Lindsay Plaza
◾Influential icons, influencers, tastemakers, luminaries, collectors and celebrities to participate
◾The Motor Press Guild will announce its two Innovative Vehicle of the Year Awards at 7:30 AM
◾First-of-its-kind gathering for an international auto show
◾Event replaces the LA Auto Show's traditional opening keynote
|The Fox Body Mustang: A Return To Form|
|'Thou shall never do a slantback front end.' That was the commandment from Gene Bordinat, Ford's vice president of design, 'Henry Ford II only wants vertical front ends, and he'll show us the door if we ever try anything like it.'
This mantra hung over the early development of the third-generation of Ford's wildly successful Mustang. In 1975 Ford designers began the job of redesigning the iconic pony car for the coming 1980s. The car and country had been through a roller coaster 20-year perio...[Read more...]|
|Auctions America Continues Successful 2013 Season with its Annual Fall Carlisle Sale|
|• Auctions America rounds out its 2013 auction season in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, October 3-4
• Two-day Fall Carlisle sale, held in conjunction with the Carlisle Events Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral, features a diverse roster of 300 classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, and customs
• Auction highlights include a desirable 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Roadster, a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 RS Sport Coupe, and a 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Roadster
• Full event details and a frequentl...[Read more...]|