|BUICK TURNS 110: MOST SIGNIFICANT BUICK OF EACH DECADE|
|DETROIT – Remaining in business for 11 decades requires constant innovation, so choosing one model to represent a decade of significance can be a catalyst for debate. Among the hundreds of models designed and engineered for Buick, the 11 below stand out as the most significant for their respective decades since May 17, 1903. Let the debate begin.
◾1903-1912: The first Buick ever is quite significant, so Buick's first decade honor goes to the 1904 Model B. The first one of the line was so...[Read more...]|
|FORMER PRESIDENT CARTER, WALTER CRONKITE AMONG CELEBRITIES WHO DEVELOPED AFFECTION FOR MOBIL 1 TWELVE HOURS OF SEBRING|
| ||DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Feb. 26, 2015) – What do a U.S. President, one of America's most renowned broadcasters, and an astronaut who walked on the moon have in common?
They've all made annual visits to Sebring International Raceway, part of a long list of celebrities at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh From Florida, a rite of spring since 1952.
Prior to becoming Governor of Georgia – and eventually President – Jimmy Carter took his family on an annual pilgrimage to ...[Read more...]|
|Magic moments: 120 years of Mercedes-Benz motor sport: history at the Retro Classics show from 13 to 16 March 2014|
|•Mercedes-Benz Classic presents highlights in the history of the DTM in hall 7 at the show in Stuttgart
•Strong presence by the company and the brand clubs at southern Germany's leading show for automotive classics
•Fascinating dialogue between competition models and the top-of-the-line C-Class models from Mercedes-AMG
120 years of motor sport history at Mercedes-Benz also stand for twelve decades in a culture of ongoing innovation for series production cars which is fuelled by strong impul...[Read more...]|
|RM Auctions Amelia Island Preview - 2014|
RM Auctions, the world's largest auction house for investment-quality automobiles, will hold its Amelia Island, Florida, sale on March 8th at the Ritz-Carlton.
As the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, RM's Amelia Island sale will feature a magnificent selection of more than 80 handpicked automobiles, with an emphasis on important and historic sports and racing cars, along with elegant coachbuilt classics. Full events details, including a frequently ...[Read more...]|
|Auctions America's 2013 Auburn Spring Event Offers Ultimate Collector Car Weekend|
|• Auctions America presents the first of two annual Auburn sales, May 9 – 11 at historic Auburn Auction Park in Auburn, Indiana
• Multi-day sale lifts gavel on 600 quality collector cars and an assortment of memorabilia
• Notable early highlights include selection of Hudsons from the respected John Soneff Collection
• Weekend also features inaugural Antique Automobile Club of America Central Division National Spring Meet, and an extensive car corral and swap meet presented by Carlisle Events...[Read more...]|
|Magnificent Series of Coachbuilt Classics To Grace RM's Amelia Island Concours D'Elegance Sale|
|• RM Auctions returns as the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, March 9, 2013
• Single-day sale features breathtaking roster of more than 80 investment-quality collector cars
• Notable highlights include an outstanding series of coachbuilt classics headlined by a multi-million-dollar 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe and a trio of Cords from the personal collection of Jim Fasnacht
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at r...[Read more...]|