|BUICK TURNS 110: MOST SIGNIFICANT BUICK OF EACH DECADE|
|DETROIT – Remaining in business for 11 decades requires constant innovation, so choosing one model to represent a decade of significance can be a catalyst for debate. Among the hundreds of models designed and engineered for Buick, the 11 below stand out as the most significant for their respective decades since May 17, 1903. Let the debate begin.
◾1903-1912: The first Buick ever is quite significant, so Buick's first decade honor goes to the 1904 Model B. The first one of the line was so...[Read more...]|
|All-Star Cast of Cars, Drivers at Porsche Rennsport Reunion V|
| ||• The Porsche highlights for a weekend full of highlights|
Atlanta, Georgia. For the Porsche Rennsport Reunion V taking place at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca this weekend, both the men and the machines they drove are expected to outdraw one of the largest crowds in track history – the last Rennsport Reunion held in 2011. Pre-event buzz from the passionate Porsche enthusiasts and collectors indicate that this iteration of Porsche Rennsport Reunion will outdo all others that came bef...[Read more...]
|Fiat Chrysler Automobiles key player in the Classic Days in Germany|
|Concours d'elegance, parades and special races on roads closed to traffic: this is the packed programme reserved for the historic cars arriving at the medieval Dyck castle
• Alfa Romeo takes part with four precious models: the prototype 750 Competizione (1955), the 8C 2900 Le Mans (1938), the Giulietta SZ (1960) and the 1900 Sport Spider (1954)
• Under the spotlight the Lancia 037 Rally (1984 - group B) and the Formula 1 Lancia D50 (1955)
• At the German event also the Abarth 1000 Monomille ...[Read more...]|
|Concours d'Elegance at Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens|
|The inaugural Concours d'Elegance at Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens welcomed over 180 rare and exclusive automobiles, motorcycles, and bicycles on the well-manicured 70-acre landscape. The backdrop for this elegant affair was the 6th largest historic estate open to the public - the Stan Hywet – which has the reputation as being the home of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. co-founder F.A. Seiberling.
On the day of the concours, the weather report predicted rain. Instead, the enthusiasts and colle...[Read more...]|
|Auctions America Continues Successful 2013 Season with its Annual Fall Carlisle Sale|
|• Auctions America rounds out its 2013 auction season in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, October 3-4
• Two-day Fall Carlisle sale, held in conjunction with the Carlisle Events Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral, features a diverse roster of 300 classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, and customs
• Auction highlights include a desirable 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Roadster, a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 RS Sport Coupe, and a 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Roadster
• Full event details and a frequentl...[Read more...]|
|GM'S TONAWANDA PLANT RETOOLED FOR HIGH-TECH ENGINES|
|BUFFALO, N.Y. – Some of General Motors' advanced manufacturing techniques to produce the all-new, Gen 5 Small Block engine family are microscopic, but they have a huge impact on the 75-year-old Tonawanda Engine Plant, where about 1,500 jobs have been created and retained since 2009.
As a result of GM's $400 million investment, Tonawanda will eventually produce four versions of the Gen 5 Small Block – a 4.3L V-6, 5.3L V-8 and two variants of a 6.2L V-8. When the plant is at full product...[Read more...]|