|BONHAMS TO OFFER FOR SALE BY AUCTION SIR STIRLING MOSS's 1961 PORSCHE RS-61 SPORTS-RACING CAR|
|The Bonhams Motor Car Department is delighted to announce that it has been commissioned to offer one of the greatest and most charismatic of all small-capacity sports-racing cars – Porsche RS-61 chassis number '718-070' – at the company's Goodwood Festival of Speed Sale on
The vendor of this outstanding Porsche RS-61 is none other than 'Mr Motor Racing' himself, Sir Stirling Moss OBE – acknowledged as one of the greatest racing drivers of all time. He was without doubt the standard-...[Read more...]|
|RESTORED 1970 BMW ALPINA 2002TI RETURNS TO THE TRACK AT 2014 ROLEX MONTEREY MOTORSPORT REUNION|
|On the heels of the launch of the BMW ALPINA 2015 B6 xDrive Gran Coupe to the US market, one of ALPINA's early cars will compete in the Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion.
Woodcliff Lake, N.J. – August 5, 2014 …Today BMW announced that it will run its newly restored 1970 BMW ALPINA 2002ti in the annual Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca next week. The car will be raced by Road & Track Executive Editor and vintage racer Sam Smith.
This racing 2002ti ...[Read more...]|
|Looks, Rarity, Performance: The Ultimate Connoisseur's Ferrari at RM Monterey...|
|LOOKS, RARITY, PERFORMANCE: THE ULTIMATE CONNOISSEUR'S FERRARI, 275 GTB/C SPECIALE HEADLINES RM AUCTIONS' FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE
• RM Auctions offers the first of only three 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciales, chassis 06701, at its flagship Monterey, California sale, August 15-16
• With its two sibling cars unlikely to ever become available, 06701's offering is a historic and unrepeatable opportunity to acquire one of the world's most important automobiles
• Exceptional 275 GTB/C Speci...[Read more...]|
|1958 12 Hours of Sebring: Collins and Hill Escort a Red-Head Home to Victory|
| ||In a matter of months Peter Collins would lay dying of wounds received in a violent crash at the Nurburgring during the German Grand Prix. While many would be holding their breaths and facing the cold-hard truth of another motor racing death, there would be others remembering Collins' talent harkening back to an evening in late March when he and Phil Hill would march triumphantly to victory, sharing the moment with a red-headed beauty.
New regulations were on everyone's minds heading into 195...[Read more...]|
|Sports and Racing Rarities Lead Early Highlights For RM's Two-Day Arizona Sale|
|• RM Auctions returns to the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa in Phoenix from January 16–17 to kick off its 2014 collector car season
• Expanded to two days in 2014, the well-established sale will celebrate its 15th year by lifting the gavel on approximately 120 handpicked motor cars
• Early highlights span the spectrum of the market, led by a superb trio of sports and racing Porsches
• Annual sale kicks off RM's 2014 international auction calendar, which includes the company's highly anticipate...[Read more...]|