This 1934 Ford LeBaron custom body Ford sedan was one of only 165 produced by Ford Motor Co. in 1934. This car was displayed at the Ford Motor Company 100th Anniversary in Dearborn, MI.
The vehicle has a 112-inch wheelbase and is powered by the 221 cubic-inch V-8 engine producing 90 horsepower. It is possible the original owner was Eddy Cantor as the current owner has a photograph of Mrs. Cantor and her daughter getting out of a 7-passenger at their home in Central Park, New York.
Barrett-Jackson Hosted Top-Tier Celebrities, Auto Legends, Auctioned the World's Most Sought-After Blue Chip Vehicles, Awarded Two Guinness World Records and Set World Records for Rare Corvettes and ThunderbirdHIGHLIGHTS:
• 1399 cars sold
• Over $113 million gross sales
• An estimated 300,000 attendees
• 14 vehicles sold to benefit various national and local charities
SCOTTSDALE, ARIZ. (Jan. 21, 2013) – Barrett-Jackson, The World's Greatest Collector Car Aucti...[Read more...]
• RM Auctions announces additional highlights for its 16th annual Amelia Island sale, held March 8th at the Ritz-Carlton
• Recent entries are led by a 1957 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster that was originally owned by Hollywood actress Natalie Wood
• As the official auction house of the world-renowned Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, RM's single-day sale will feature a roster of more than 80 handpicked automobiles
• A frequently updated list of consignments is available online at www.rmauction...[Read more...]
Classic Motorcar Auctions LLC announces it will offer select vehicles and the memorabilia collection from the William A.C. Pettit, III Collection during their 3rd annual Grande Salon Auction Sept. 15, 2012 during the Glenmoor Gathering of Significant Automobiles Concours d'Elegance at the historic Glenmoor Country Club in North Canton, Ohio.
A lifelong automotive enthusiast, William 'Bill' Pettit owned the Pettit Brothers Chrysler-Plymouth-Dodge-Jeep dealership in Louisa, Va. for many years ...[Read more...]
• The 1929 Duesenberg 'Blue J' and 11 collector cars from the William A. C. Pettit, III Collection will be sold at Gooding & Company's Pebble Beach Auctions
• Estate Proceeds will benefit the Shriners Hospital for Children®-Tampa
Gooding & Company, the acclaimed auction house celebrated for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, is honored to present the finest automobiles of the William A.C. Pettit, III Collection at its Pebble Beach Auctions on Aug...[Read more...]
RM Auctions kicked off its 2012 calendar on a positive note in Arizona last week, posting over $25.5 million* in sales with a strong 89 percent sell-through at its annual Arizona Biltmore sale in Phoenix.
Now in its 13th year, the well-established auction presented a magnificent roster of 140 blue-chip motor cars – spanning the spectrum of the collector car market – before a standing-room only crowd. Illustrating RM's global clientele, bidders represented 21 countries around the world, with a...[Read more...]