|A DECADE OF STYLE: MAGNIFICENT MERCEDES OF THE 1930S LEADS BONHAMS SALE|
|Bonhams Mercedes-Benz sale is led by fashionable automobiles of the sensational 1930s, headed by a rare 1935 Mercedes-Benz 500 K Cabriolet, estimated at 6,000,000-7,000,000.
The 1935 Mercedes-Benz 500 K Cabriolet was displayed at the 1935 Paris Auto Show as a mere chassis, and despite its stripped down state, was purchased straight off the stand. This swift acquisition was down to some good-natured rivalry between friends, Dr. Charles Crocker, and Lawrence Copley Thaw, which resulted ...[Read more...]|
|Mercedes-Benz Classic at the Salon Rétromobile 2016: Open for sporty and exclusive refinement|
|Elegant cabriolets and sporty roadsters are among the highlights of Mercedes-Benz's model history. At the Salon Rétromobile in Paris, Mercedes-Benz Classic is shining the spotlight on this tradition combining design, sportiness and comfort. The vehicle exhibits range from the luxurious 300 S from 1956 and the 280 SE 3.5 Cabriolet from 1969 to two SL sports-car classics in the shape of the 300 SL Roadster from 1959 and the 280 SL from 1968 to the new S-Class Cabriolet (A 217) and the new SL (R 23...[Read more...]|
|Fiat Chrysler Automobiles key player in the Classic Days in Germany|
|Concours d'elegance, parades and special races on roads closed to traffic: this is the packed programme reserved for the historic cars arriving at the medieval Dyck castle
• Alfa Romeo takes part with four precious models: the prototype 750 Competizione (1955), the 8C 2900 Le Mans (1938), the Giulietta SZ (1960) and the 1900 Sport Spider (1954)
• Under the spotlight the Lancia 037 Rally (1984 - group B) and the Formula 1 Lancia D50 (1955)
• At the German event also the Abarth 1000 Monomille ...[Read more...]|
|Auctions America Continues Successful 2013 Season with its Annual Fall Carlisle Sale|
|• Auctions America rounds out its 2013 auction season in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, October 3-4
• Two-day Fall Carlisle sale, held in conjunction with the Carlisle Events Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral, features a diverse roster of 300 classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, and customs
• Auction highlights include a desirable 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Roadster, a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 RS Sport Coupe, and a 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Roadster
• Full event details and a frequentl...[Read more...]|
|ROLLS-ROYCE ANNOUNCES RECORD SALES IN COMPANY'S 108 YEAR HISTORY|
| ||•3,575 cars delivered to customers in 2012, the highest annual sales in the 108-year history of the marque and the third consecutive record year.
•Sales growth reported across many regions worldwide.
•Bespoke content at highest-ever levels.
•Expansion into new markets – Rolls-Royce motor cars are now sold in more than 40 countries worldwide.
•United States overtakes China to regain number one regional position.
•Rolls-Royce reaffirms position at pinnacle of British luxury goods manufac...[Read more...]|