|Fascinating Early and Classic Era American Collections Set for RM Sotheby's Hershey Sale|
|• RM Sotheby's brings two private collections rich in automotive history to its annual Hershey sale, October 8-9 in Pennsylvania
• Auction headlined by the Richard Roy Estate Collection, 25 automobiles with strong New Jersey and Pennsylvania ties
• Event also features selection of 10 pre-1916 vehicles from the esteemed Harold Coker Collection
• Complete event details and a frequently updated list of entries available at www.rmsothebys.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (August 27, 2015) ...[Read more...]|
|Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's : Best of Show|
The Concours d'Elegance of America, established in 1978, featured over 300 significant automobiles on the beautiful green at the Inn at St. John's in Plymouth, Michigan. This year's featured classes included Vintage Bentley, Auto Show '55, Bonneville Streamliners, and Dream Cars of the 1980s.
Best of Show winners at the 37th annual Concours d'Elegance of America was awarded to a 1929 Duesenberg Model J owned by Charles Letts, Jr. of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, and a 1937 Bugatti 57...[Read more...]|
|Thomas Scott Collection of Classic American Automobiles to be On Offer at No Reserve at Russo and Steele's 2015 Monterey Collector Automobile Auction Event|
Scottsdale, Arizona (July 18th, 2015) – Thomas Scott is an accountant and entrepreneur from Athens, Georgia who has had a love for all things automotive for as long as he can remember. He possesses a lifetime of passion for buying, selling and working on classic American cars.
'I started out with the muscle cars — the Mopars, the Cobra Jet Mustang, the Chevelle,' Scott says. 'Those are cars that everybody recognizes — they're widely popular and very tradeable.' However, as S...[Read more...]|
|PEBBLE BEACH AWARD-WINNING COACHBUILT FERRARI LEADS IMPRESSIVE STABLE OF PRANCING HORSES CONSIGNED FOR BONHAMS QUAIL LODGE AUCTION|
|• Select consignments are now being accepted to join the confirmed roster of top-tier entries|
Bonhams' renowned mid-August auction at Quail Lodge in Carmel, California, just added another star to its constellation of consignments: a 1951 Ferrari 212 Inter Cabriolet by Vignale.
With a description that commands superlatives, this authentic, rare, gorgeous, fast and fun sports car is truly extraordinary. The first of only four models bodied by Vignale, the matching numbers convertible ...[Read more...]
|RM Sotheby's to Shine Spotlight on Striking Pair of Italian Prototypes in Monterey|
|• RM Sotheby's prepares for triumphant return to Monterey, California, August 14-15
• The pinnacle of collector car auctions, multi-day sale to lift gavel on approximately 150 blue-chip collector cars
• Early highlights include a pair of Italian-built prototypes: the first Maserati Ghibli Spyder, and the original U.S.-specification Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Prototype
• Additional early attractions include a 1976 Lamborghini Countach LP 400 'Periscopio'; a rare 1973 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R...[Read more...]|