Livernois Motorsports has long since adhered to the preposition that not all project cars are created equal, and in the case of their black Mustang GT, the real beauty of this performance monster lies beneath its Tier One stamped skin.
The usual mode of operation for Livernois is to choose a vehicle that will become a calling card for the performance updates that their staff is capable of performing.
As so chosen this black beauty began its charmed life wîth exhaust, nitrous oxide and CNC head therapy. Not only did this breathe life into the GT, it was also representative of what Livernois customers might request when they bring in their mounts for enhancements.
These slight improvements allowed the GT to cover the tarmac in 11.86 seconds at more than 117 mph. This chapter of the story was complete and now the crew at Livernois was ready to move the benchmark several notches higher.
The goal was to build a car that made a lot of power, but was still well mannered on the street while keeping creature comforts such as power accessories, A/C, etc.
The heart of Livernois Motorsports Mustang is a built 4.6-liter 3-valve engine equipped wîth a centrifugal ProCharger F-1A Supercharger and 3 core air-to-air intercooler. The vehicle breathes through a set of Kooks longtube headers and x-pipe followed by a Corsa axle-back exhaust system.
The transformation continued wîth a critical infusion of driveline and chassis modifications to support the new found power. A Viper-spec T56 6 speed transmission was added along wîth a RAM 11'
Power Grid HD clutch disc, pressure plate, and aluminum flywheel, Dyno-Tech 1 piece metal matrix driveshaft, Eaton Posi differential, 3.73 ring and pinion, and Moser 31-spline axle shafts.
The vehicle also features a custom Livernois Motorsports suspension package consisting of parts from Steeda, BMR, and Ford Racing to help it perform well whether it's on the drag strip or a road course. Suspensions parts include HD boxed Subframe connectors, adjustable panhard bar & brace, Anthony Jones tubular K-Member, Competition struts, shock absorbers, lowering springs, anti-sway bars, and bumpsteer kit.
To help the vehicle stop, they've added a set of Baer Extreme + 15' Slotted Rotors w/ Six Piston Calipers.
The interior of the vehicle remains relatively stock wîth the only addition being a set of Corbeau CR-1 seats along wîth their 5 point restraint system ensuring occupant retention.
Specifications and EquipmentEngine
Livernois Motorsports Built 4.6 Liter Modular
- ProCharger F-1A Centrifugal Supercharger wîth 3 Core Air-to-Air Intercooler Source - Livernois Motorsports
- 9.5:1 compression ratio
- 770 Rear Wheel Horsepower ' 840 BHP
- 640 Rear Wheel Torque
- Electronic Fuel Injection wîth 60 lb Injectors
- Forged Steel Crank Shaft
- Livernois Motorsports Exclusive Manley Forged Connecting Rods
- Livernois Motorsports Exclusive MAHLE Forged Pistons
- Livernois Motorsports CNC Ported Cylinder Heads
- Kooks Stainless 1 5/8 x 2 1/2 Longtube Headers
- Kooks Stainless X-Pipe w/ High Flow Cats
- Corsa Stainless Axle-Back Exhaust System
- Tuned by Livernois Motorsports
Viper Spec T-56 6-Speed
- Ram Power Grip HD Clutch, Pressure Plate, and Aluminum Flywheel
- Moser 31-Spline Axles
- Eaton Posi Differential
- Ford Racing 3.73 Ring & Pinion
- Dynotech 1-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft
- Suspension (Custom Livernois Motorsports Suspension Package Consisting of Parts from Steeda, BMR, and Ford Racing)
- Anthony Jones Tubular K-Member
- HD Boxed Subframe Connectors
- Adjustable 3-Link Trailing Arm Kit
- Lower Trailing Arms
- Adjustable Panhard Bar
- Adjustable Panhard Bar Brace
- Competition Shocks, Struts, Springs, and Swaybars
- Bumpsteer Kit
- Baer Extreme + 15' Slotted Rotors w/ Six Piston Calipers
Wheels and Tires
- HRE 19-inch C20 Competition 3-Piece Wheels
- Michelin Pilot Sport 275/35/19 Front; 285/35/19 Rear Performance Tires
- Steeda Fiberglass Cowl Hood
- Classic Design Concepts Ducktail Spoiler
- Corbeau CR-1 MicroSuede Seats
- Corbeau 5-Point Harnesses