|THE McLAREN F1|
|FOR THE DRIVER VITALLY – AS IN ONE OF McLAREN'S WORLD CHAMPION RACING CARS – DRIVER AND VEHICLE BECOME ENTIRELY AS ONE
The primary design consideration for the McLaren F1 has been to make it without reserve 'a driver's car', an extremely high-performance design which advances all conventional boundaries. It combines Formula 1 racing car dynamics with genuine Grand Touring capabilities. ▪ Beginning with its radical and entirely innovative one-plus-two seating configuration, the McLaren...[Read more...]|
|RM Sotheby's to Shine Spotlight on Striking Pair of Italian Prototypes in Monterey|
|• RM Sotheby's prepares for triumphant return to Monterey, California, August 14-15
• The pinnacle of collector car auctions, multi-day sale to lift gavel on approximately 150 blue-chip collector cars
• Early highlights include a pair of Italian-built prototypes: the first Maserati Ghibli Spyder, and the original U.S.-specification Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Prototype
• Additional early attractions include a 1976 Lamborghini Countach LP 400 'Periscopio'; a rare 1973 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R...[Read more...]|
|The Trident is Raised|
One of Italy's most famous marks, and perhaps most troubled, the trident-bearing automaker continues to provoke passion through its search of excellence.
Five brothers would come together in December of 1914 to found a motor company bearing their name—Maserati. Alfieri, Bindo, Carlo, Ettore and Ernesto had all demonstrated a passion for automobiles, particularly racing, during those early years at the turn of the 20th century.
The foundations of the company would actually begin ...[Read more...]|
|Porsche Delivers 81,500 New Cars To Customers In First Half-Year|
| ||Atlanta. Between January and June 2013, Porsche shipped over 81,500 new cars globally for the first time ever by the midway point in the year – an increase of 18 per cent compared to the first half of 2012. In June alone the Stuttgart-based business sold 14,300 vehicles around the world, up 13 per cent on the same month last year.
'We've had a good first half to the year and go into the second six months highly motivated,' said Bernhard Maier, Member of the Executive Board Sales and Ma...[Read more...]|
|STUNNING DYNAMIC MCLAREN P1™ IMAGES RELEASED AHEAD OF MCLAREN MANAMA OPENING|
|• McLaren Automotive releases stunning new dynamic images of the McLaren P1™ taken at the Bahrain International Circuit ahead of the 2013 Formula 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix|
• BIC track shots display plans for the McLaren P1™ to be the ultimate driver's performance car on road and track
• Images released to celebrate opening of McLaren Manama at the Bahrain World Trade Center: McLaren Automotive, Mumtalakat, and Al Ghassan Motors join forces to open a unique and dynamic show...[Read more...]