|1952 Pegaso Z-102 BS 2.5 Cupula Coupe and 1930 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Town Car Win Best of Show at the 21st Annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance|
| More than 32,000 Enthusiasts Attended the World's Most Innovative Concours Weekend
Jacksonville, FL (March 16, 2016) - The 1952 Pegaso Z-102 Cupula Coupe and a 1930 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Town Car won the Best In Show honors on Sunday, March 13, at the 21st annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, which attracted more than 32,000 spectators throughout the weekend.
The competition drew 320 cars and motorcycles into 43 classes from 10 different countries to the 10th and 18th...[Read more...]|
|SHOW-STOPPING AUTOMOBILES AT RM SOTHEBY'S AMELIA ISLAND CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE SALE|
|• RM Sotheby's readies for its 18th annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance sale, March 12 in Florida
• Star attractions: 1939 Mercedes-Benz 540 K Spezial Cabriolet A and 1962 Ferrari 400 Superamerica LWB Coupe Aerodinamico lead roster of more than 90 blue-chip collector cars
• Sale features over a century of automotive design and styling, from Brass Era greats including a stunning Rolls-Royce 40/50 HP Silver Ghost, to modern exotics represented by a highly-optioned 2014 Pagani Huayra
• ...[Read more...]|
|THE MOST FAMOUS TROPHIES IN RACING UNITED WITH WINNERS AT AMELIA|
|Long before motorsport became commercialized; there was nobility in auto racing's rituals of victory. Louis Meyer, the first to win the Indy 500 three times, said it best . . .
'Winning the Borg-Warner Trophy is like winning an Olympic medal.'
That was 80 years ago. Today the trophy of motorsport's most important and glamorous race still packs the same potency it did when it was first awarded to the winner of the Indianapolis 500.
A quarter century before the Borg-Wa...[Read more...]|
|Duesenberg Model SJ Sells For $4.51 Million and Records Tumble At RM'S Amelia Island Sale|
|• RM Auctions continues strong track record at Amelia Island, Florida posting more than $26.8 million in sales with 92 percent of all lots sold
• Top seller: stunning 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe realizes a spectacular $4,510,000 to claim the title as the most valuable automobile sold during this year's Amelia Island weekend
• Five lots achieve individual million-dollar-plus results
• Packed auction room sees bidders hail from 14 countries around the world
|Legendary Tucker 48 Joins RM'S Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Sale|
|• Just announced: RM Auctions secures rare Tucker 48, previously owned by film legend George Lucas, for its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 9
• The official auction of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, single-day sale features a superb roster of more than 80 blue-chip collector cars
• Additional sale highlights include a 1952 Ferrari 225 Sport Vignale Berlinetta, a 1958 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster and a 1929 Isotta Fraschini 8A Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalogue now available onli...[Read more...]|