|BUICK TURNS 110: M18 HELLCAT REMEMBERED ON V-E DAY|
|'Hot rod of World War II' a key piece of 'Arsenal of Democracy'
DETROIT – Buick production lines have been rolling for 110 consecutive years but for a short period during World War II, the vehicles produced looked decidedly different. In February of 1942, the last civilian car left a Buick facility before full attention was placed on engineering and producing aircraft engines, ammunition and the M18 tank destroyer, better known as the Hellcat.
The M18 originated in the design studio...[Read more...]|
|Duesenberg Model SJ Sells For $4.51 Million and Records Tumble At RM'S Amelia Island Sale|
|• RM Auctions continues strong track record at Amelia Island, Florida posting more than $26.8 million in sales with 92 percent of all lots sold
• Top seller: stunning 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe realizes a spectacular $4,510,000 to claim the title as the most valuable automobile sold during this year's Amelia Island weekend
• Five lots achieve individual million-dollar-plus results
• Packed auction room sees bidders hail from 14 countries around the world
|Legendary Tucker 48 Joins RM'S Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Sale|
|• Just announced: RM Auctions secures rare Tucker 48, previously owned by film legend George Lucas, for its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 9
• The official auction of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, single-day sale features a superb roster of more than 80 blue-chip collector cars
• Additional sale highlights include a 1952 Ferrari 225 Sport Vignale Berlinetta, a 1958 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster and a 1929 Isotta Fraschini 8A Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalogue now available onli...[Read more...]|
|CADILLAC CONCEPT CARS STAR at AMELIA CONCOURS d'ELEGANCE|
|There are limited production cars, there are rare cars and there are concept cars that never find their way to the showroom. A fleet of Cadillac's rare and mythic Motorama and Detroit Auto Show Concept Cars will take to the field at the 18th Annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance on Sunday March 10, 2013.
Created under the supervision of GM's legendary styling chief, Harley Earl, the Cadillac Concept cars of the 'Fifties were created as the stars of GM's Motorama shows. All are blood anc...[Read more...]|
|The world-renowned ‘Old Bill' Comes to Market|
|The world-renowned 'Old Bill', which has featured in every book ever written about the incomparable Brough marque, ticks all the above boxes and just about every other one too. It has been consigned by H&H for auction as part of the Roger Allen Collection at the company's Duxford sale on October 4. However, it can be viewed as early as April 28/29 at the International Classic Motorcycle Show, Stafford. It carries an estimate of £250,000-270,000.
The motorcycle originally known as 'Spit & Pol...[Read more...]|