|BONHAMS £1.2 MILLION VETERAN CAR SALE TRANSPORTS BOND STREET BACK IN TIME|
|Bonhams transported bidders back to the early days of motoring in its annual London to Brighton Veteran Car Run Sale, held at 101 New Bond St on 4 November.
Now in its 13thth year, the event saw 90% of lots sold, realizing a total of £1.2 million, with starring lot the magnificent 1904 Renault Model U Type B 14/20HP Four-Cylinder, Swing-Seat Tonneau - sold to a European bidder in the room for £272,540.
One of the first four-cylinder Renaults built, this Model U, Type B (pictured) is powere...[Read more...]|
|BONHAMS REVEALS STAR LINE UP FOR LONDON TO BRIGHTON VETERAN CAR RUN AUCTION SALE|
|A rare 1904 Renault Type N-B that was owned by a French family for 60 years leads Bonhams traditional London to Brighton Run Sale of Veteran Motor Cars in London on 4 November. It is estimated at £250,000-280,000.
The car was one of the first four-cylinder Renaults built. The Type N-B was introduced by Louis Renault as part of a reorganization of the company's range of models following his brother Marcel's death in 1903. The Type N-B was a 14/20hp model powered by a conventional, four-cylind...[Read more...]|
|SHOW-STOPPING AUTOMOBILES AT RM SOTHEBY'S AMELIA ISLAND CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE SALE|
|• RM Sotheby's readies for its 18th annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance sale, March 12 in Florida
• Star attractions: 1939 Mercedes-Benz 540 K Spezial Cabriolet A and 1962 Ferrari 400 Superamerica LWB Coupe Aerodinamico lead roster of more than 90 blue-chip collector cars
• Sale features over a century of automotive design and styling, from Brass Era greats including a stunning Rolls-Royce 40/50 HP Silver Ghost, to modern exotics represented by a highly-optioned 2014 Pagani Huayra
• ...[Read more...]|
|Legendary Tucker 48 Joins RM'S Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Sale|
|• Just announced: RM Auctions secures rare Tucker 48, previously owned by film legend George Lucas, for its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 9
• The official auction of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, single-day sale features a superb roster of more than 80 blue-chip collector cars
• Additional sale highlights include a 1952 Ferrari 225 Sport Vignale Berlinetta, a 1958 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster and a 1929 Isotta Fraschini 8A Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalogue now available onli...[Read more...]|
|CADILLAC CONCEPT CARS STAR at AMELIA CONCOURS d'ELEGANCE|
|There are limited production cars, there are rare cars and there are concept cars that never find their way to the showroom. A fleet of Cadillac's rare and mythic Motorama and Detroit Auto Show Concept Cars will take to the field at the 18th Annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance on Sunday March 10, 2013.
Created under the supervision of GM's legendary styling chief, Harley Earl, the Cadillac Concept cars of the 'Fifties were created as the stars of GM's Motorama shows. All are blood anc...[Read more...]|