|ICONIC CARS, RARE RACERS AND MOTORING HEROES GET READY FOR LONDON'S DEFINITIVE CLASSIC CAR SHOW|
|◾Stunning Alan Mann Racing Cobra Daytona Coupe to be unveiled
◾Series of special Jaguar E-types under the spotlights at ExCeL
◾Aston Martin's racer Group C racing prototype adds to power show
◾Top motoring artist Dexter Brown signing limited edition prints
The famous red and gold colours of Alan Mann Racing, one of the top racing teams of the 1960s and now a leading light in historic motor sport, will be seen for the first time on a dramatic Cobra Daytona Coupé when it is unveiled at the...[Read more...]|
|MECUM TOPS $18.6 MILLION IN CHICAGO|
|Walworth, WI - October 15, 2013 -- The windy city welcomed Mecum Auctions with an exceptional sale and enormous crowds at the Schaumburg Convention Center in Schaumburg, Ill., this past weekend. With 965 cars crossing the block throughout the three-day event, 615 hammered sold for a 64 percent sell-through rate and $18,634,223 in sales. The one-of-a-kind personal driver of Corvette's original designer Harley J. Earl led auction sales with a hammer price of $1.5 million.
Chicagoland was...[Read more...]|
|RM Auctions in Association with Sotheby's Lifts Gavel on Bespoke American Motor Cars in New York City|
|• RM Auctions, in association with Sotheby's, announces latest highlights for its exclusive 'Art of the Automobile' event, November 21, in New York City
• Celebrating the motor car and its place in the history of design, the highly anticipated collector car auction features elite group of more than 25 investment-quality automobiles
• Latest offerings shine spotlight on custom American automotive design, from a streamlined Classic Era roadster through to a flamboyant 1950s dream car
• Frequ...[Read more...]|
|1953 FERRARI 375 MM SPIDER LEADS LATEST HIGHLIGHTS FOR RM'S MULTI-MILLION-DOLLAR MONTEREY SALE|
|• RM Auctions secures a championship-winning 1953 Ferrari 375 MM Spider competition car for its flagship Monterey, California, sale, August 16–17, after single ownership for 45 years
• Also announced are a 1939 Mercedes-Benz 540K Special Roadster, a 1958 Lister-Jaguar 'Knobbly' Prototype, and a 1960 Aston Martin DB4GT
• Sale held during the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance motoring week features no less than 25 automobiles estimated to fetch in excess of $1,000,000 each
• Complete list of en...[Read more...]|
|BUICK TURNS 110: M18 HELLCAT REMEMBERED ON V-E DAY|
|'Hot rod of World War II' a key piece of 'Arsenal of Democracy'
DETROIT – Buick production lines have been rolling for 110 consecutive years but for a short period during World War II, the vehicles produced looked decidedly different. In February of 1942, the last civilian car left a Buick facility before full attention was placed on engineering and producing aircraft engines, ammunition and the M18 tank destroyer, better known as the Hellcat.
The M18 originated in the design studio...[Read more...]|