|Sir Henry Ralph Stanley Birkin: No Christmas Tiger|
| ||Remembered as one of the most influential of the famous 'Bentley Boys', Henry 'Tim' Birkin was anything but a mere member of Britain's upper crust. Head-strong, courageous and unyielding, Birkin would often be challenged to mix it up with the 'aces' of the day. When it was all said and done, he would more than prove he was no honorary stooge.
Sir Henry Ralph Stanley Birkin would be born in Nottingham in 1896. He was not some common boy born to some unknown parents. Birkin's family was quite w...[Read more...]|
|MAGNIFICENT 1956 FERRARI 250 GT ‘TOUR DE FRANCE' AND MUSCULAR 1964 SHELBY 289 COMPETITION COBRA HEADLINE RM'S LONDON SALE|
|• Incredible duo lineup for RM's highly anticipated London sale, taking place on 8 September at Battersea Evolution
• Ferrari is the eighth of just nine 1956 250 GT Berlinetta Competiziones, and boasts an outstanding period racing history
• Campaigned by 'Gentleman' Tom Payne in 1964 and 1965, the Shelby is a highly desirable Team Specification Cobra and the ultimate authentic 'American Muscle'
• Auction held in partnership with the Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace
• Full event i...[Read more...]|
|BENTLEY GREATS READY FOR 2014 CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE|
|• Beautiful Bentleys from past and present at Hampton Court Palace
• Bentley key sponsor of 5-7 September Concours
• Luxury and performance from across the eras
(Crewe, 18 July 2014) Some of the finest examples of the Bentley marque are set to shine at the 2014 Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace this September. Five Bentleys will feature in the 60 exceptional cars chosen for this year's Concours, with owners from around the world displaying their cars in the Fountain Garden...[Read more...]|
|Low Mileage Collectables offered at Fort Lauderdale Auction|
|• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Leading recent entries are fantastic low mileage examples including a 2005 Ford GT, a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, a 1954 Chevrolet Corvette and a 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Coupe
• Additional vehicle highlights include a 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona, a 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 and a 1935 Hudson Terraplane driven by Johnny Depp in the movie 'Public Enemies'
• Regarded as South Florida's pre...[Read more...]|
|WEC ONE-TWO VICTORY FOR AUDI AT SILVERSTONE|
|• First success for new Audi R18 e-tron quattro|
• Allan McNish celebrates 'home' victory with Loïc Duval and Tom Kristensen
• Second sports car triumph for Audi in the 2013 season
Ingolstadt/Silverstone, April 14, 2013 – Audi began the 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) in World Champion's style. The two Audi R18 e-tron quattro cars dominated the Silverstone 6 Hours and deservingly clinched a one-two victory. For Audi, following the one-two result in the non-ch...[Read more...]