|AMERICAN ICONS OF YESTERDAY AND TODAY LEAD RM SOTHEBY'S MOTOR CITY SALE|
|• RM Sotheby's readies for its annual Motor City sale, July 25, in Plymouth, Michigan
• Event is the official auction of the Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's
• Latest auction highlights include a pair of supercharged cars; a 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Dual-Cowl Phaeton and a 2005 Ford GT
• Additional feature attractions include a dozen diverse vehicles offered from renowned Michigan collectors Howard and Norma Weaver
• Complete Motor City digital catalogue now available here: http:...[Read more...]|
|Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's : Class Previews|
|Here is a little preview of two of our special classes for St. John's upcoming show.
Featured Designer: Virgil Exner
The 2014 Concours d'Elegance of America will honor the work of famed chief designer Virgil Exner with an unprecedented display of Chrysler Corporation's 1955-1961 'Forward Look,' a daring two-pronged styling revolution that changed the look of the American car.
First up were the 'jet-age'1955 Plymouths, Dodges, DeSotos, Chryslers and Imperials. Then came the 1957 m...[Read more...]|
|THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY|
|• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.com
|RARE REUNION: CHRYSLER CONCEPT CARS GATHER AT AMELIA, 2014|
|Nine rare and important Chrysler Concept Cars from the forties, fifties and sixties will be presented together for the first time at the 19th annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance on March 9, 2014.
From the two-seat Chrysler Thunderbolt roadster and the dual-cowl Chrysler Newport of 1941 through the radical 1963 Chrysler Turbine car, Amelia's Chrysler Concept Car Class shows the genesis of the styling and engineering philosophy that summoned Chrysler's industry-changing 'Forward Look...[Read more...]|
|RARE CHRYSLER LA COMTESSE CONCEPT APPEARS AT AMELIA 2014|
|After decades in obscurity Chrysler's La Comtesse Concept Car will re-debut at the 19th annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance on March 9, 2014.
The Fifties introduced new automotive chemical and paint technologies that helped summon a sea change in the way cars were purchased. It was a subtle component of Detroit's marketing equation, but color had risen near the top of the car buyer's priority list. The important fact was that women invariably chose the color of the new family car....[Read more...]|