|Royal Cadillac Limousine 'Duchess' Stars At Amelia Concours|
|Edward VIII's unique Cadillac limousinewill take center stage at the 22ndannual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance.Royal tradition holds that the British Sovereign's car is a Daimler, but the man who abdicated the throne of England in 1936 for the love of an American girl became a Cadillac man in 1941.
King Edward VIII gave up his throne for American Wallis Simpson and nearly caused a constitutional crisis. He became the Duke of Windsor, she the Duchess, and they took up residence i...[Read more...]|
|1952 Pegaso Z-102 BS 2.5 Cupula Coupe and 1930 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Town Car Win Best of Show at the 21st Annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance|
| More than 32,000 Enthusiasts Attended the World's Most Innovative Concours Weekend
Jacksonville, FL (March 16, 2016) - The 1952 Pegaso Z-102 Cupula Coupe and a 1930 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Town Car won the Best In Show honors on Sunday, March 13, at the 21st annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, which attracted more than 32,000 spectators throughout the weekend.
The competition drew 320 cars and motorcycles into 43 classes from 10 different countries to the 10th and 18th...[Read more...]|
|SHOW-STOPPING AUTOMOBILES AT RM SOTHEBY'S AMELIA ISLAND CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE SALE|
|• RM Sotheby's readies for its 18th annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance sale, March 12 in Florida
• Star attractions: 1939 Mercedes-Benz 540 K Spezial Cabriolet A and 1962 Ferrari 400 Superamerica LWB Coupe Aerodinamico lead roster of more than 90 blue-chip collector cars
• Sale features over a century of automotive design and styling, from Brass Era greats including a stunning Rolls-Royce 40/50 HP Silver Ghost, to modern exotics represented by a highly-optioned 2014 Pagani Huayra
• ...[Read more...]|
|THE MOST FAMOUS TROPHIES IN RACING UNITED WITH WINNERS AT AMELIA|
|Long before motorsport became commercialized; there was nobility in auto racing's rituals of victory. Louis Meyer, the first to win the Indy 500 three times, said it best . . .
'Winning the Borg-Warner Trophy is like winning an Olympic medal.'
That was 80 years ago. Today the trophy of motorsport's most important and glamorous race still packs the same potency it did when it was first awarded to the winner of the Indianapolis 500.
A quarter century before the Borg-Wa...[Read more...]|
|Magnificent Series of Coachbuilt Classics To Grace RM's Amelia Island Concours D'Elegance Sale|
|• RM Auctions returns as the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, March 9, 2013
• Single-day sale features breathtaking roster of more than 80 investment-quality collector cars
• Notable highlights include an outstanding series of coachbuilt classics headlined by a multi-million-dollar 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe and a trio of Cords from the personal collection of Jim Fasnacht
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at r...[Read more...]|