|THREE TIMES FOUR: RM SOTHEBY'S BRINGS ASTON MARTIN TRINITY TO LONDON SALE WITH DB4GT, DB4 CONVERTIBLE AND DB4 SERIES II COUPÉ|
|• RM Sotheby's assembles 'holy trifecta' of DB4s for its 10th anniversary London sale, 7 September at Battersea Evolution
• Trio led by original one-of-75 DB4GT, immaculate concours-standard Series V Convertible, and desirable left-hand-drive Series II Coupé
• Aston Martin fans also catered for with classic 1953 DB2 Vantage and desirable 2009 DBS Volante
• RM's Battersea sale the official auction of the UK's prestigious Concours of Elegance
• Further information and frequently updated list...[Read more...]|
|‘TIME-WARP' LOVE BUG READY FOR NEW OWNER AFTER 42 YEARS|
|A 42 year old Volkswagen Beetle, that has covered just 90 km, has been discovered in time warp condition and will be sold at Silverstone Auctions' Classic Race Aarhus Auction in Denmark on 28th and 29th May.
Unique is a word often used incorrectly, but in the case of this 1974 Beetle, it is not inaccurate. With just one owner from new and only 90 kilometres on the clock, this little car must be one of the lowest mileage examples in existence still in its original condition.
Supplied new by...[Read more...]|
|Gooding & Company Adds Two Legendary Ferraris to Scottsdale Offerings Including a 1959 250 GT LWB California Spider|
|The two-day event will also drop the hammer on a 1962 Ferrari 400 Superamerica SWB Coupe Aerodinamico along with over a dozen other models from the Italian marque
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (December 12, 2014) – Gooding & Company, the record-setting auction house acclaimed for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, announced today the addition of two superlative Ferraris to its Scottsdale roster. New consignments include a 1959 Ferrari 250 GT LWB California...[Read more...]|
|Auctions America Continues Successful 2013 Season with its Annual Fall Carlisle Sale|
|• Auctions America rounds out its 2013 auction season in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, October 3-4
• Two-day Fall Carlisle sale, held in conjunction with the Carlisle Events Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral, features a diverse roster of 300 classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, and customs
• Auction highlights include a desirable 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Roadster, a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 RS Sport Coupe, and a 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Roadster
• Full event details and a frequentl...[Read more...]|
|A Piece of Hollywood and Jaguar History|
|Clark Gable's 'Best in Class' 1949 XK120
This weekend, a very special XK120 graced the judging field at the 62nd Pebble Beach Concours d' Elegance. This particular XK120 is significant, not only because it was named 'Best in Class,' but because its first owner was none other than Hollywood icon Clark Gable, a devoted Jaguar enthusiast.
Gable's XK120, chassis No. 670003, was judged 'Best in Class' in the 'Postwar Sports Open' category. The car is owned by Mr. Jeff Lotman, of Los Ang...[Read more...]|