|BMW MUSEUM AG'S 1978 MARCH BMW 782 RETURNED TO ITS FORMER GLORY BY CARS INTERNATIONAL|
|Cars International were out testing at Silverstone on Friday, shaking down the Munich based Museum's 1978 March BMW 782, which has recently undergone a full restoration, before it makes its debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
Cars International, renowned as experts in the sales and preparation of historically important F1 cars, were out in action last Friday at Silverstone circuit to shake down a March BMW 782 F2 car.
The 1978 March BMW 782 is owned by the BMW museum AG, who commissio...[Read more...]|
|1997 Hungarian Grand Prix: Arrows Misses the Target and Wins|
|By far, the largest ovation on the podium would go to the man that had finished in 2nd place. In the mind of just about everyone assembled around the circuit or watching the race around the globe, Damon Hill had proven the move to Arrows was not an errant shot made by a reigning World Champion. Arrows had been the consummate tail-end team, yet on this day, even though they missed the target, they would win.
There have been many David versus Goliath stories; many stories of the underdog coming...[Read more...]|
|1968 Belgian Grand Prix: A First for McLaren|
|McLaren and Formula One are truly synonymous. Over the course of its history, McLaren has completed 714 races and have garnered no less than 178 victories. But while McLaren and victory in Formula One are an almost certainty, the very first would be anything but a complete surprise.
In December of 1959, Jack Brabham would be leading the way in his Cooper T51 with Bruce McLaren following along not all that far behind. The final lap of the United States Grand Prix held at Sebring, Florida has j...[Read more...]|
|2012 German Grand Prix: Preview|
|Round 10 of the 2012 Formula One World Championship marks the second home race in succession for the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS team. The German Grand Prix takes place on Sunday 22 July at the Hockenheimring which is just 100kms from the Daimler and Mercedes-Benz headquarters in Stuttgart.
• The 2012 German Grand Prix will be the 33rd held at Hockenheim; Mercedes-Benz power has won twice, in 1998 & 2008
• This year's race marks the tenth anniversary of the circuit's redesign and the constructio...[Read more...]|
|Spanish Grand Prix: Race|
|Nico Rosberg finished the Spanish Grand Prix in seventh place today with Michael Schumacher retiring on lap13.
• Nico followed a three-stop tyre strategy, pitting on laps 9, 22 and 40
• Nico's tyre usage was soft (9 laps), soft (13 laps), hard (18 laps), hard (26 laps)
• Michael retired in turn one at the start of lap 13 following a collision with Bruno Senna's Williams
• The 2012 season has now seen five winners from five races, something that last occurred in 1983
Nico Rosberg[...[Read more...]|