|2006 Town & Country|
Image credits: © Chrysler.
2007 Chrysler Town and Country news, pictures, and information
2007 Chrysler Town & Country – The Original in Luxurious Family Transportation Continues to Get Better With TimeChrysler Town & Country minivan sales increased 25 percent in the Únited States in 2005. With the Stow ‘n Go® seating and storage system, the 's only fold into the floor second- and third-row seats, safety and security features such as a minivan-first inflatable knee blocker, available supplemental three-row side-curtain air bags, a five-star front- and side-impact rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), power adjustable pedals and Door Alert, the Chrysler Town & Country minivan offers classy styling wîth innovative features and flexibility without compromising safety or utility.
The Chrysler Town & Country minivan has evolved over the years to keep pace wîth the changing needs of minivan customers. By designing a vehicle wîth a refined, athletic style that offers features customers appreciate and purposeful innovations and technology, the 2007 Chrysler Town & Country appeals to customers wîth a broad variety of lifestyles and needs.
'WHAT'S NEW FOR 2007' Exterior
Three new exterior color offerings: Cognac Crystal Clear Coat; Marine Blue Pearl Coat; and Modern Blue Pearl Coat
'The 2007 Chrysler Town & Country minivan has an elegant, classic exterior appearance that is welcome at the country club or soccer field,' said Joe Dehner, Director – Exterior Design, Chrysler Group. 'The tasteful exterior design is coupled wîth a classy interior that's ingenious in its flexibility and utility.'
The 1989 introduction of a luxury minivan by the Chrysler Group changed the way people thought about a family transportation vehicle. Designed from the inside out wîth a formula that has proven to be successful over the years, the Chrysler Town & Country, the original luxury minivan, continues to embrace the original minivan formula wîth some modern enhancements.
Staying true to the original design formula of a garageable van wîth easy entry and exit; chair-height seating; a low, flat floor; and flexible seating options, the 2007 Chrysler Town & Country enhances the original formula wîth the Stow ‘n Go seating and storage system, a plethora of safety and convenience features, and premium amenities that are at home on the soccer field or the country club. .
'Our -exclusive Stow ‘n Go seating and storage system has helped differentiate the Chrysler Town & Country from the competition,' said Larry Lyons, Vice President – Front-wheel-drive Product Team. 'Our engineers did a great job designing a system where both the second- and third-row seats easily fold into the floor without sacrificing style inside the minivan. Stow ‘n Go gives Town & Country customers the ultimate in premium interior flexibility.'
|Engine : 3.3 L., 6-cylinder|
Power: 170 hp
Torque: 200 ft-lbs
Engine : 3.8 L., 6-cylinder
Power: 205 hp
Torque: 235 ft-lbs
- Chrysler Group is the only manufacturer wîth fold-in-the-floor second- and third-row seats, the Stow ‘n Go seating and storage system
- Stow ‘n Go features second-row bucket seats that can be folded into the floor and a third-row, 60-40 split-bench seat that can fold into the floor, or fold rearward to face out the tailgate when the minivan is parked. When seats are in the upright position, 6 cubic feet of covered storage space is available in the second row, and 6 cubic feet of storage space available in the third row. Headrests do not need to be removed when seats are stowed, and seats can be stowed individually or together.
- Designed from the inside out wîth a total of four models to choose, Chrysler Town & Country offers minivan owners the best package of flexibility, utility, safety and value in the marketplace
- The Chrysler Town & Country was the second best-selling name plate (only to the Dodge Caravan) in 2005 wîth 180,759 minivans sold (an increase of 25 percent, compared wîth 2004 sales). The Chrysler Group sold 407,480 Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan minivans in the Únited States in 2005.Source - Chrysler
Completely eradicating the negative image that America held regarding family transportation, Chrysler reformed the idea of usable space for passengers and cargo.
Marketed by DaimlerChrysler, the Chrysler Town and Country was introduced in 1990. The vehicle was meant to be a companion to the Dodge Caravan and Plymouth Voyager.
The Chrysler Town and Country is one of the first-ever luxury minivans.
Using the Chryler S platform that was closely related to the K-cars, the original Town & Country minivan came standard with an electronically four-speed automatic transmission
The Chrysler AS Platform was used from 1991 until 1995 in the Town and Country.
In 1991 the 'Quad Command' bucket seats were made standard on the Town and Country. Anti-lock brakes were available in 1991 and intregrated child safety seats were installed in 1992. The Town and Country became the first minivan that met 1998 U.S. federal Safety standards.
More than 11 million Chrysler Dodge and Plymouth minivans have been sold since production began in the fall of 1983.
Marking the twentieth anniversary, the Platinum Series Town & Country was released.
For 1996 and 1997, the Town & Country was on Car and Driver magazine's Ten Best list.
In 1997 an available option was permanent all-wheel drive on long-wheelbase minivans. All-wheel drive models received 4-wheel disc brakes. Becoming standard on all 1997 Town & Countries was the rear driver's side sliding door.
The lineup for 97 included two long wheelbase modes: the LX and LXi, and a short-wheelbase SX model.
In 2000 the short wheelbase minivan was dropped. Leaving only extended wheelbase models, these models seated seven and had sliding doors on each side.
The following year, Town and Country minivans utilized the Chrysler RS platform.
The newly designed 2007 and 2008 models are expected to be redesigned by Ralph Gilles. Gilles is aclaimed for his work on the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum. Production is expected to commence at Windsor Assembly.By Jessica Donaldson
|Chrysler Group and NHTSA Resolve Recall Request|
|Chrysler Group LLC and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) have resolved their differences with respect to NHTSA's request to recall 1993-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2002-07 Jeep Liberty vehicles. As a result of the agreement, Chrysler Group will conduct a voluntary campaign with respect to the vehicles in question that, in addition to a visual inspection of the vehicle will, if necessary, provide an upgrade to the rear structure of the vehicle to better manage crash ...[Read more...]|
|FORD MYKEY, NOW ON 6 MILLION VEHICLES, HELPS PARENTS KEEP TEENS SAFE THIS SUMMER|
|◾MyKey® technology – now in 6 million Ford and Lincoln vehicles on the road nationwide – is there when parents can't be in the car with their teens this summer ◾Ford's MyKey technology encourages teenagers to wear their seat belts, keep the radio volume down, watch their speed and pay attention to the road – not their cell phones ◾2014 Ford Fiesta is the latest Ford vehicle to get MyKey technology, available in dealerships this summer DEARBORN, Mich., June 11, 2013 – There is perhaps...[Read more...]|
|Jeep® Grand Cherokee, Chrysler Town & Country And Dodge Challenger Win Autopacific 2013 Best-In-Class|
|June 11, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The automotive research group AutoPacific has for the third year in a row named the Jeep® Grand Cherokee Best-In-Class Mid-Size SUV in its 17th-annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards (VSA). In addition, for the second time in the last three years, AutoPacific named the Chrysler Town & Country Best-In-Class Minivan, while the Dodge Challenger tied for Best-In-Class Sporty Car. It was the Challenger's first VSA. 'Having three Chrysler Group vehicles ...[Read more...]|
|Chrysler Group LLC Reports February 2012 U.S. Sales Increased 40 Percent; Best February Since 2008|
|• Best February sales in four years |
• February marks the 23rd-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains
• Ninth-consecutive month of sales gains of at least 20 percent
• Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge and Ram Truck brands each post sales increases in February versus same month a year ago
• FIAT brand has its best sales month since launch; sales up 69 percent in February versus previous month
• Chrysler brand sales up 114 percent; highest percentage sa...[Read more...]
|2012 Chrysler 300 and 2012 Dodge Charger Achieve 5-Star Safety Rating from National Highway Traffic Safety Administration|
|• Both 2012 Chrysler Group models achieve top 5-star rating in front driver and overall vehicle scores |
• 4-star rating achieved in rollover tests
• NHTSA NCAP rating for both models follows 'Top Safety Pick' by Insurance Institute for Highway Safety earlier this year
• Chrysler 300 SafetyTec and Dodge Charger Driver Confidence Group package enables the driver with a 360° perspective with available active safety features, including SmartBeam Headlamps, Adaptive Forwar...[Read more...]
|2007 Chrysler models|
|Chrysler PT Cruiser|
|Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible|
|Chrysler Sebring||2007 Chrysler Concepts|
|Chrysler Nassau Concept|
|Chrysler Town and Country Black Jack|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2007|
|Acura Advanced Sports Car Concept|
|Acura TL Type-S|
|Aston Martin DBR9|
|Audi R10 TDI|
|Bentley Contental GT|
|Other models by Chrysler|
|Vehicle Recall Information|
|Town & Country|
Town & Country Mini Van
|2006 Town & Country|