|Exceptional European Highlights Added to RM's 20th Anniversary Motor City Sale|
|• RM Auctions announces a spectacular group of European highlights for its annual Motor City sale, July 26 in Plymouth, Michigan
• Led by a 1929 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Barker Torpedo Tourer, built for Indian royalty, the roster of European highlights joins a superb series of American classics at the sale, many of which were conceived and built in Detroit
• Celebrating 20 years as the official auction of the Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's, the single-day sale features an excellent...[Read more...]|
|RM Auctions Amelia Island Preview - 2014|
RM Auctions, the world's largest auction house for investment-quality automobiles, will hold its Amelia Island, Florida, sale on March 8th at the Ritz-Carlton.
As the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, RM's Amelia Island sale will feature a magnificent selection of more than 80 handpicked automobiles, with an emphasis on important and historic sports and racing cars, along with elegant coachbuilt classics. Full events details, including a frequently ...[Read more...]|
|History Rolls into Hershey for RM's Annual Pennsylvania Sale|
|• Final countdown underway to RM's annual Hershey, Pennsylvania auction, held October 10 – 11 during the historic AACA Eastern Regional Fall Meet
• Two-day sale features 116 vehicles, with an emphasis on Brass and Classic Era motor cars
• Sale entries led by a rare, award-winning 1933 Chrysler CL Imperial Convertible Roadster
• Auction also features number of vehicles steeped with local Pennsylvania history
• Digital catalogue now available online at rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (S...[Read more...]|
|Rolls-Royce ‘Works Team' Stops Off In London En Route To The 2013 Alpine Trial|
|In May 1913, James Radley set off from Brown's Hotel in London's Mayfair for a famous motoring adventure – the 1913 Alpine Trial. A century later, the same Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost driven by this pioneer, aviator and adventurer has returned to Brown's Hotel, ready to depart for a re-enactment of the event.
Radley's account of his departure in 1913 reflects the spirit of those early days of motoring:
'We must have a bottle to christen her. Here, John, just fetch a bottle of 'The Widow', wil...[Read more...]|
|TOPLINE COLLECTORS PLACE SPOTLIGHT on SPEED'S BARRETT-JACKSON BROADCAST FROM SCOTTSDALE|
|• TOPLINE COLLECTORS PLACE SPOTLIGHT on SPEED'S BARRETT-JACKSON BROADCAST FROM SCOTTSDALE|
• 'LOST' SHELBY DUAL PROTOTYPE, HAGERTY GIVEAWAY & SALON COLLECTION HIGHLIGHT 39 HOURS OF LIVE COVERAGE
The 42nd annual Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale (Ariz.) Collector Car Event, the first of four set for live coverage in 2013, kicks off the auction season in grand style as some of the world's most sought-after machines cross the block starting Tuesday, Jan. 15 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.