|2006 750i||2006 760i||2008 750i||2008 750Li||2008 760Li|
Image credits: © BMW.
2007 BMW 7-Series news, pictures, and information
BMW 7 SERIES: BMW's Flagship Becomes Even More Luxurious and Individual for 2007After a significant upgrade in 2006, BMW's luxury flagship further refines the definition of excellence for 2007, wîth even more standard equipment plus a new degree of luxury. BMW Individual now offers discerning buyers an even greater degree of customization to suit their own individual tastes.
As the ultimate expression of the true premium nature of BMW automobiles, the BMW Individual 7 Series is the perfect answer for those customers who seek the utmost in luxury and look to own a more personalized 7 Series. The finest quality materials and exacting workmanship that go into even the slightest details set the BMW Individual 7 Series apart from other makes.
BMW Individual exterior colors are developed using special Xirallic paints that create constantly changing nuances in the finish, giving greater color intensity and glistening two-tone effects. The full-leather interior is fitted wîth the highest quality Merino upholstery, Alcantara headliner and unique interior trim choices. Illuminated BMW Individual doorsills, distinctive 20' BMW Individual wheels and a convenient passenger-side storage net provide additional premium touches to complement these exclusive
7 Series sedans.
Regular production 7 Series receive an enhanced level of standard equipment and revised package contents for 2007. Comfort Seats wîth active head restraints become standard on the short wheelbase 750i, making these luxurious fittings now standard on all 7 Series cars. In addition, heated front seats and power-folding rear-view mirrors are now standard equipment, and initial membership for BMW Assist expands to 4 years. An auxiliary audio input, suitable for an iPod or MP3 player, is also fitted to all 2007 7 Series BMWs.
For 2007, the 7 Series lineup includes the regular wheelbase 750i and long-wheelbase 750Li. Both of these models are powered by BMW's cutting-edge 360-hp 4.8-liter V-8. The long-wheelbase 760Li boasts the company's exemplary 438-hp 6.0-liter V-12. BMW's V8 and V-12 engines both feature the company's unique Valvetronic variable valve-control system, which helps provide exceptionally smooth power delivery and excellent fuel economy.
|Engine : 4.8 L., 8-cylinder|
Power: 360 hp
Torque: 360 ft-lbs
Engine : 6.0 L., 12-cylinder
Power: 438 hp
Torque: 444 ft-lbs
What's new for 2007.
As of 7/06 production:
• Standard equipment on the 750i includes 20-way adjustable Comfort seats wîth Active head restraints. These were previously standard only on the 750Li and 760 models.
• Heated front seats wîth 3-stage, fast-heating and balance control are now standard on all models
• Previously standard on all 7 Series BMWs, the auto-dimming exterior rear-view mirrors now include a power-fold feature
• Standard coverage for BMW Assist now includes a 4 year membership (previously 1 year)
• An auxiliary audio input, suitable for an iPod or MP3 player, is now standard
• Options include BMW Individual, which offers three unique exterior paint colors, new 20-inch wheels and a variety of interior treatments
• Stand-alone options include new 19-inch Star Spoke wheels (Design #231)
• The short-wheelbase 760i is no longer available in the Ú.S.
Three '07 models, plus BMW Individual
For 2007, the 7 Series consists of three models; two V-8s and one V-12. The newly optional BMW Individual Composition and Individual exterior colors are available on all three.
750i – the 'standard' model, but more than ever, there is nothing basic about this superlative luxury automobile. The 750i's key distinguishing features and attributes include –
• 4.8-liter V-8 engine, 360 hp/360 lb-ft. torque
• 'Regular' wheelbase (117.7 in.)
• Standard 18-in. wheels and all-season tires
• New standard 20-way Comfort seats
• New standard 3-stage heated front seats
• 4-year Membership to BMW Assist
• Available option Packages: BMW Individual, Sport, Adaptive Ride, Convenience, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, Premium Sound, Rear Entertainment.
750Li – powered and equipped similarly to the 750i:
• Long wheelbase (123.2 in.); reflected in additional overall vehicle length and rear leg room
• Chrome roof moldings
• Standard 20-way Comfort front seats
• New standard 3-stage heated front seats
• Same option Packages as 750i.
760Li – the Series' luxury flagship, wîth –
• The long wheelbase
• 6.0-liter V-12 engine, 438 hp/444 lb-ft. torque
• Standard Electronic Damping Control and self-leveling rear suspension
• Standard 19-in. wheels and performance tires
• Únique Burr Walnut wood interior trim, in two tones wîth inlays
• More extensive leather trim
• Standard equipment includes contents of virtually all 750 option Packages
• BMW Individual Composition and Individual exterior colors.
• Available rear climate control and coolbox.
BMW Individual: Fulfilling a decade and a half of exacting demands
Although the 2007 7 Series will likely provide Ú.S. customers wîth their first reference to the name, BMW Individual is well into its second decade. It was established in 1991 as a division of BMW M GmbH, to serve customers who wanted made-to-measure solutions and made tougher demands on their BMWs in terms of distinction, design and function. The next 15 years provided one success after another in rewarding discriminating owners wîth vehicles that fulfilled their unique demands for personalized style, comfort and utility. Most recently, BMW Individual completed a unique car for the Swiss watch manufacturer Girard-Perregeaux. Today, around 20,000 customers a year from all over the world enjoy this most exclusive way of driving a BMW. Now, BMW Individual is introducing the concept in the ÚSA – BMW's largest market.
The BMW 7 Series is the introductory 'canvas' for BMW Individual in the ÚSA. The BMW Individual offering will provide 7 Series customers wîth a selection of distinctive paints and interior treatments allowing them to individualize their vehicle to reflect their own tastes and personality.
The BMW Individual 7 Series will be the perfect answer for those special customers who seek the utmost in luxury and look to own a more personalized 7 Series. The finest quality materials used and the exacting workmanship that goes into even the finest details will set the BMW Individual 7 Series apart from other makes.
In line wîth the understatement embodied in BMW design language, the experts at BMW Individual always try to harmonize each customer's wishes wîth the BMW philosophy. The individual paintwork is more than a color: It captivates its customers through its unique brilliance and sophisticated iridescent effects. Fine pigmentation in the Xirallic paint creates subtle nuances that change wîth the shifting light, giving the surface a new dimension and depth.
With the 2007 7 Series, two variations point up the intrinsic excitement of the color black: Azurite Black metallic and Ruby Black metallic. The elegant, light shades of Moonstone have their own appeal, particularly for buyers in sunny regions: under blue skies, this paint finish shines wîth a special glamour.
The Merino leather used by BMW Individual is characterized by its uniquely refined appeal, extreme durability and comfort. Gentle tanning methods and 'barrel pigmentation' - wherein the dye is not just applied to the surface but penetrates the hide through intensive rotation - give this material its richness of color, strength and durability. The living structure of this leather comes from its natural graining rather than artificial embossing. The finish applied in the semi-aniline process stops fading caused by light, yet keeps the leather breathable.
The combination of all these sophisticated yet gentle processes produces seats that are as soft and as smooth as velvet. BMW Individual will offer customers three color choices of Merino leather: Platinum, Rust Brown and Amarone.
It's the details that make the difference wîth BMW Individual, and the interior trim demonstrates that the emphasis on detail is well placed. For example, the unique, high gloss black finish of famous piano makers results only from a time-consuming polishing and finishing process. This is what gives this varnish its unique brilliance. Elegant highlights are added through details on the center console and ceiling grips. No less sophisticated are the two alternative woods, Mahogany and Amarone – both wîth a high gloss finish.
Core values of the 7 Series continue for '07
In its core values, the 7 Series has not changed at all. Its basic and enduring attributes include –
• Highly sophisticated powertrains. The 7 Series offers two of the most sophisticated engines available in the world, in the form of BMW's 4.8-liter V-8 and 6.0-liter V-12. Both engines feature all-aluminum construction, wîth silicon-impregnated cylinder bores that eliminate the need for heavy cast-iron liners. Both engines also feature BMW's unique Valvetronic valve-control system, which eliminates the need for a conventional throttle by varying valve lift to control acceleration. The resulting efficiency provides excellent power and smooth acceleration wîth minimum fuel consumption. Both of these engines are backed by BMW's 6-speed STEPTRONIC automatic transmission, which also provide exceptional response and fuel economy.
• Aluminum suspension system. Extensive aluminum in the suspension and brakes reduces unsprung weight, improving the suspension's response to bumps and other road irregularities. This contributes to riding comfort and, on any irregular road surface, handling as well.
• Active Roll Stabilization – reduces body roll ('lean') in cornering, further improving handling and communicating to driver and passengers alike these cars' great road competence via amazingly 'flat' cornering.
• Rack-and-pinion §teering wîth variable ratio and variable assist. Not only is the power assist variable according to road speed; the §teering ratio – the number of degrees the §teering wheel must be turned to steer the front wheel by one degree – also varies moderately, making the §teering 'quicker' as the wheel is turned away from its center position. This fine-tunes §teering response to conditions, be it on an Interstate at today's high cruising speeds or maneuvering into a parking space. Note: This is not BMW's Active Steering which, as an option on the 5, 6 and new 3 Series, varies the §teering ratio more dramatically.
• Massively sized, powerful brakes. 4-wheel ventilated disc brakes are dimensioned 348 mm/13.7 in. front, 345 mm/13.6 in. rear for impressive stopping power.
• Also generously dimensioned wheels and tires. On the 750s, standard
18 x 8.0 wheels carry 245/50R all-season tires. Optional on 750s and standard on the 760Li are 19 x 9.0 front/19 x 10.0 rear wheels wîth 245/45 front / 275/40 rear performance tires. New this year, the BMW Individual Composition adds 20 x 9.0 front / 20 x 10.0 rear wheels wîth 245/40R-20 front / 275/35R-20 rear performance tires. Identically-sized 20-in. wheels (of a different design) and tires are included in the optional Sport Package for 750 models.
• Lavish luxury, elegant design. With the newly standard 20-way Comfort seats on 750 models, the 7 Series becomes even more elegant outside and inside, and discreetly more luxurious as well. The luxury experience begins wîth stepless door checks – once opened, the door will stay open at any position, not just two or three. The driver is surrounded by innovative ergonomics, lavish materials and finishes, and all-encompassing refinement right down to the smallest details. Occupants enjoy generous space – all the more so for rear passengers in the long-wheelbase models.
• Comprehensive safety design and features. From BMW's Inflatable Tubular Structure front-to-rear Head Protection System through standard front/optional rear side-impact airbags to Active Head Restraints and Active Knee Protection (inflatable-airbag knee protection under the instrument panel), every 7 Series model is comprehensively engineered and equipped for a reassuring level of occupant safety.
Optional features: adding even more luxury, technology and road capabilities
Every 7 Series model is lavishly equipped, from the 'standard' 750i on up. Yet BMW also offers an extensive range of options, both Packages and stand-alone, to broaden and deepen the Series' sophistication according to customers' personal priorities and preferences. Here, briefly described, are the many possibilities; as the contents of some Packages overlap wîth others, certain Packages and options cannot be combined on a given vehicle.
BMW Individual Composition. Available on all three 7 Series models, 750i, 750Li and 760Li, the BMW Individual Composition includes three interior high gloss wood trim choices: Piano Black, Mahogany and Amarone, plus a full Merino leather interior in Platinum, Rust Brown or Amarone. Merino leather features 'barrel pigmentation,' a process that allows the color to penetrate the hide. This creates a material that is unsurpassed in terms of softness, color richness, durability and strength. Merino leather is also noted for its resistance to fading from light exposure. This luxurious leather is complemented by an Alcantara headliner in either Platinum or Anthracite. Doorsills wîth illuminated BMW Individual finishers and a storage net for the passenger footwell round out the package.
BMW Individual Paint. In addition to the entire range of standard 7 Series paints, the BMW Individual Package allows buyers to upgrade to one of three special Xirallic paints, Azurite Black, Ruby Black or Moonstone.
Sport Package. Available for the 750i and 750Li, this group adds sport suspension, 20-in. wheels wîth performance tires, sportier exterior details, and a sport §teering wheel. Interior wood trim is specific to the Package.
Adaptive Ride Package. Adds Electronic Damping Control and self-leveling rear air suspension to the 750s; these enhancements are standard on the 760Li.
Luxury Seating Package for the 750s. The newly standard Comfort seats are made even more comfortable wîth Active Support for the driver's seat (a gentle 'massage' action helps relieve fatigue and discomfort on longer drives) and Active Ventilation on both front seats – augmented by perforated leather that facilitates the flow of ventilation air through the seats. Also included are 3-stage heated rear seats wîth variable balance of heat between different areas of the cushions and backrests. All these features are standard in the 760Li.
Convenience Package, combining power soft door closing and automatic trunk opening/closing. Available for 750i and 750Li; standard on the 760Li.
Cold Weather Package. Offered on 750s; includes heated §teering wheel and rear seats, plus a trunk-into-interior ski bag. These features are standard in the 760Li.
Premium Sound Package, encompassing the legendary 13-speaker, audiophile-quality Logic7 sound system and a convenient in-dash 6-disc CD changer. Available for 750i and 750Li; standard in 760Li.
Rear Entertainment Package, giving rear-seat passengers their own entertainment and feature-control options. Includes a color monitor, 6-disc DVD changer and two headphone jacks; when allowed by the driver, rear passengers can operate certain iDrive functions as well.
Comfort Access eliminates the need to activate a remote to unlock or lock the vehicle, or to insert it into the dash before starting the engine. The system recognizes the authorized driver as he or she approaches, and unlocks the vehicle; upon exit, the user merely presses a door handle to lock the vehicle.
Active Cruise Control employs a radar sensor unit at the front of the vehicle to sense the speed of vehicles traveling ahead, and accordingly adjusts the BMW driver's speed to help maintain a safe following distance.
19-in. wheels wîth W-rated performance tires, available as a stand-alone option for both 750 models.
20-in. wheels wîth Y-rated performance tires, included in the optional Sport Package on 750 models and in the BMW Individual Composition available on all models.
Heated §teering wheel – included in certain Packages, but also available as a stand-alone.
Rear Comfort seats. Incorporating 14-way power adjustment and Active Ventilation, this ultimate luxury rear-compartment seating is optional in the 750Li, standard in the 760Li, and not available in the regular-wheelbase 750i.
Sirius Satellite Radio – available optionally for all models.
High Definition Radio – newly available; significantly enhances AM and FM sound quality.
Night Vision – newly available option for all models; uses a thermal imaging camera mounted below the front bumper to help detect objects, using their heat signature, that are difficult for the human eye to identify in low light. The camera's range is up to 300 meters or almost 1,000 feet ahead of the car. Detected objects are displayed in the Control Display monitor wîth increasing brightness as a function of the heat detected by the camera – making human beings and animals particularly conspicuous.
Power rear/manual side sunshades – optional for the 750 models, standard in the 760Li.
High-gloss Ash interior trim, available at no extra cost for the 750i and 750Li.
Rear climate control and coolbox, available exclusively for the 760Li. Separate left/right climate control for rear passengers; the coolbox is accessible when the rear center armrest is folded down.
Rear-seat side-impact airbags, offered as an option in all models so that customers can decide whether or not to equip their vehicle wîth this feature.
21-in. sport wheels and tires, available at BMW centers for aftermarket installation. A variety of other Genuine BMW Accessories is also available through BMW's retail network in the Ú.S.Source - BMW
|Available now from your authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer: Genuine accessories for the new E-Class|
|Stuttgart. The Genuine Accessories range from Mercedes-Benz for the new E-Class Saloon and Estate comprises over 140 high-quality and practical products. The main focus is on advanced multimedia systems and elegant, sporty products from Mercedes-Benz Sport Equipment. Mobility today is about more than just getting from A to B. With the multimedia products from the Genuine Accessories range, the driver of the new E-Class is mobile on the World Wide Web, too: The Mercedes-Benz InCar H...[Read more...]|
|2014 Corvette Stingray Starts At $51,995|
|The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe will have a suggested starting retail price of $51,995, and the Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $56,995. Both prices include a $995 destination fee but exclude tax, title, and license. 'The 2014 Corvette Stingray perfectly embodies Chevrolet's mission to deliver more than expected for our customers,' said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. 'The Corvette Stingray delivers a combination of performance, design and technology t...[Read more...]|
|Kia Motors Announces Pricing For All-New 2014 Cadenza Premium Sedan|
|Kia's Flagship Sedan Offers Premium Amenities at a Starting Price of $35,1001 MSRP
• The most powerful and technologically advanced Kia in the U.S. market is defined by European-influenced styling and extraordinary levels of refinement and amenities
• Cadenza features class-leading interior room2 and is offered in one trim level with two available option packages
IRVINE, Calif., April 19, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) is pleased to announce pricing for its most powerful and ...[Read more...]
|In the slipstream of the DTM winners: BMW M Performance at the Essen Motor Show 2012.|
|Just a few weeks after the triple triumph at the German Touring Car Masters (DTM), the BMW appearance at the Essen Motor Show 2012 is inspired by the brand's sensationally successful comeback season. The current BMW M Performance range is presented at the international tuning fair, celebrating the success of BMW in the driver, team and manufacturer rankings. The retrofit products from the program of Original BMW Accessories perfectly exemplify the intensive transfer of technology from motor raci...[Read more...]|
|The Champion in Touring Car Racing : The BMW M3|
|In August 1985, a rumour surfaced in motor magazine Auto-Deutschland which emanated from a new sports car. An A Group Car from BMW that was a thoroughbred racing car according to the rules but was also to be produced in a version licensed to drive on open roads for everyday use. Speculation about this dream car that could take to normal roads and was intended for the 'Most dynamic among BMW 3 Series drivers' was right on target. But the pundits missed the mark about the motor-sport car by a mile...[Read more...]|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2007|
|Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione|
|Aston Martin Vanquish S|
|Aston Martin Vanquish S Ultimate Edition|
|Audi Cross Cabriolet Quattro Concept|
|Bentley Contental GT|
|Other models by BMW|
|2006 750i||2006 760i||2008 750i||2008 750Li||2008 760Li|