|Postwar Ferrari Named Best of Show at 2014 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance|
| ||1954 Ferrari 375 MM Scaglietti Coupe Named 'Best of Show'
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 17, 2014) -- Excited cheers echoed across the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links Sunday when a 1954 Ferrari 375 MM Scaglietti Coupe was named Best of Show at the 64th annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. The car, owned by Jon Shirley of Medina, Washington, was the first postwar car to take the top award at the prestigious event in nearly five decades. It was also the first Ferrari to win.
|The 32nd re-enactment STARTS IN California|
|• 'A special prize given at the 'Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance'|
• A project has been announced for the recognition of outstanding participants
• Registration for the 2014 edition will begin at the end of September
• Important changes are expected for the race route
• New coefficients of merit will be assigned to the participating vehicles
The Mille Miglia's international popularity and the friendship thatbinds motor racing to 'Stars and Stripes...[Read more...]
|63rd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Names 1934 Packard 'Best of Show'|
|The competition showcased 248 cars, including 48 from abroad
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 18, 2013) -- A 1934 Packard 1108 Twelve Dietrich Convertible Victoria owned by Joseph and Margie Cassini III of West Orange, New Jersey, was named Best of Show at the 63rd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, held Sunday on the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links at Pebble Beach Resorts. The event showcased 248 cars from 36 states and 12 countries and raised $1,277,007 for charity.
'This Pack...[Read more...]|
|Italian thoroughbreds to feature prominently at Bonhams Quail Lodge auction|
|Numerous iconic and desirable models from Ferrari, Lancia, Lamborghini and more contribute to growing anticipation for this approaching sale
San Francisco – Bonhams is delighted to announce its impressive assembly of Italian sports cars for its fast approaching 16th annual Carmel motorcar auction on August 16th.
After announcing earlier this spring the consignment of some truly exceptional and noteworthy Italian cars – most notably the one-off 1954 New York Auto Show, 1953 Fe...[Read more...]|
|Historic Jaguar D-Type Leads Growing List of Significant Entries for RM's Monterey Sale|
|• RM Auctions building towards a spectacular roster of cars for its flagship Monterey sale held during the famous Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance motoring week, August 16–17, in California
• Historic 1955 Jaguar D-Type leads a superb roster of the world's finest sports and racing cars poised for the RM podium
• Additional star lots include a 1955 Ferrari 750 Monza Scaglietti Spider, a 1950 Ferrari 166 Touring Barchetta, a 1961 Ferrari 400 Superamerica SWB Coupe Aerodinamico and a 1953 Masera...[Read more...]|